This Foundation course is the start on your Programme Management journey. Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) is an internationally recognised best practice programme management method, which can be tailored to suit any type of working culture and any size or type of programme. MSP is also the de facto standard developed by the UK government for delivering change programmes in the UK.
A copy of ‘MSP Managing Successful Programmes 2011’ Book will be given to you on day 1 of the course.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Book your place
Large, complex deliveries are often broken down into manageable, inter-related projects. For those managing this overall delivery the principles of programme management are key to delivering on time and within budget. This course offers you that and is the 3 day approach to gaining the Foundation qualification.
This course is ideal for any staff involved in programme management roles and wish to gain a qualification, for example: Programme leaders; Programme office staff members; Business Change Managers; Business Consultants; and Operations staff involved in change programmes.
- Apply the OGC programme management approach
- Understand the language of MSP and how the framework can be used to support programme management
- Appreciate the roles involved in making programme management a collaborative effort
- Appreciate the different perspectives of strategy, operations and projects
Attendees should gain a good appreciation of the advantages of using a programme management framework such as MSP. They ought to appreciate the importance of stakeholder engagement, the integration of business roles such as the Business Change Manager into the programme, and to understand the rigour that claimed benefits ought to be subjected to before a programme commences and during its journey.
The course prepares you for the MSP Foundation exam; this qualification is widely-recognised in all industry sectors. You will understand the MSP programme framework, be confident in the use of MSP terms and appreciate the importance of benefits realisation management.
- Detailed review of techniques to take a programme from concept to feasibility and a Programme Brief
- Development of future business models and planning and application to a case study
- Steps and mechanisms used to enable the programme to flex to external events and keep the programme under control
- Application of steps and activities required to take the capabilities delivered by the projects to release the benefits.
- Design of case study project portfolio to ensure that they deliver the required capabilities to the change programme.
- Steps in a structured Closure to ensure that the defeat is not snatched from the jaws of victory.
- Identifying and defining, from the case study of a benefits strategy, followed by profiling and modelling their delivery.
- Design an organisational structure for a programme, identifying responsibilities and additional roles that could be required.
- Establishing a viable Vision on which the programme should be based, and developing an optimal end game Blueprint that steers the programme
- Apply the 4 levels of Risk to the scenario, develop mitigation strategies and a process for resolution of issues
- Define the contents of a Programme Plan and identify how the programme will be controlled, with associated responsibilities and tools
- Identify and analyse the stakeholders, profile and map their interests and issues and develop the Communications Plan
- Look at the challenges for the Business Case in the case study scenario and its use as a control tool
- Design a Quality Management Strategy for a programme and the issues associated with implementation
Pre-requisites for this course are covered by completing the pre-course workbook and reading. Experience of working in a Programme environment is also desirable.
15 hours of pre-course preparation work is required, along with some evening work during the course. Pre-Course material will be sent to you 4-6 weeks before the start of the course.
Pre-course reading and post-course support on Quanta Learn.
On the afternoon of last day of the course there is a closed-book multiple-choice exam lasting 40 minutes duration. The exam contains 50 questions and you will need 30 correct answers or more to pass.
Quanta will issue your exam results to you via email.