Having Difficult Conversations
Having difficult conversations is a core component of a Managers role, be it with line managers, giving feedback reports, negotiating with customers and even disciplinary matters.
This course, with the help of 'Forum Theatre' and professional actors ensures that your managers are aware of and have practiced difficult conversations.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
To provide knowledge and practice in having difficult conversations, tailored to your specific situation, so your staff have the confidence to tackle difficult conversations promptly and constructively when they return to work.
Managers and staff who need to have difficult conversations with staff, line managers or customers.
- Boost your self-confidence and self esteem
- Use a 'Learning Conversation' to improve performance
- Disarm anger if things get heated
- Increase your own personal effectiveness using a variety of influencing techniques
- Make every contact with other staff a 'quality' one which enhances relationships and improves the working climate
- Give feedback to team members in a constructive and motivating manner
- Distinguish between assertive, passive, and aggressive behaviour
- Reflect upon and use 'core' interpersonal skills more effectively
Having managers that are confident and competant at having difficult conversations brings significant benefits. Sensitive and difficult problems are put to bed early in a motivating and constructive manner, preventing wasted time and ensuring amicable and healthy working relationships.
The course brings many benefits to the individual that are applicable across both work and personal situations. The ability to have difficult conversations in a constructive manner is an important interpersonal skill that most find very challenging. Holding such conversations in an empowering rather than confrontational way improves both your personal confidence and conversational outcomes. Many who attend the course find that they learn valuable insights into their own approach to different interpersonal situations and learn that conversations are as much about effective listening as talking.
Detail to follow