Online Purchasing Security
We recognise the importance of privacy and security regarding the information you send us over the Internet. Online purchasing security is one of our highest priorities and we have devoted a great deal of effort to ensure that our online security measures help to safeguard your information.
We do not store your credit card details; these are held only by the bank for audit trail purposes (so that you can be refunded if necessary, for example), and to ensure security the bank will not hold your personal details.
If you choose to pay for your goods using a credit card, the payment will be processed by Worldpay. WorldPay is one of the longest established companies in eCommerce world wide today. Established in 1993 they have one of the largest client bases and every week they enable hundreds of companies to establish their ebusiness. Their clients include many household names as well as thousands of smaller businesses.
If you are still uncomfortable with submitting your personal information via the Internet for any reason, please feel free to give us a call to complete your order.
We are also committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to process orders and to provide a more relevant flow of information to you on our services.
What information do you collect? How do you use it?
- When you order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, address, credit or debit card number and the card's expiry date. This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of the status of your order.
- We also ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your booking.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- We may also use the information we collect, including your booking history, to notify you occasionally about important functionality changes to the web site, new services and special offers we think you'll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, you may opt out by visiting “My settings” once you have logged in to the site.
- We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. We also monitor aggregate customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site.
How do you protect customer information?
As required by the UK Data Protection Legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
What about "cookies"?
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do help us identify how you found out about any offers and promotions we are running. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. Without a cookie, you can still use most of the features in our store, however you must keep session cookies enabled to use the more advanced features of the website.
Will you disclose the information you collect to outside parties?
We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers; sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, including providing marketing assistance and processing credit card payments. Such companies and individuals will have access to personal information needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purposes, and are required to process the data in accordance with the UK's Data Protection legislation.