Managing People Remotely
A comprehensive Quanta course covering the key aspects of remote people management, whether in a departmental or project environment. Do some people seem to be natural managers and get on with everyone? Why is this? Perhaps you are one of them? We explore this and many other questions in this course.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
The course is for anyone who is keen to improve and understand the positive effect and dynamic they can add to a team with the added complexity of remote management. By taking the time to go through discussions and self-assessments based upon leading management authorities, you will start to understand yourself and the contributions you can make to a team. Reflecting upon this and your own professional circumstances is also key and where necessary you will be given individual attention to help you diagnose and learn about those aspects which are of particular personal significance to yourself.
Any manager or team leader who is working remotely and has responsibility for achieving results through people.
- Recognise your own management style
- Recognise when and how to adapt your management style to be more effective
- Explain how your behaviour impacts upon others
- Take a proactive approach to management
- Use a range of tools to manage your time effectively
- Explain the principles of motivation and implement practical strategies
- Delegate effectively
- Provide your staff with effective feedback and performance management
- Communicate more effectively
- Value the importance of working collaboratively and how to empower your team
- Plan the next steps in your development
People are an organisation's greatest asset. By ensuring your managers are more effective in managing and dealing with others, your organisation will become more effective itself. More productive meetings, motivated staff, better communication and clear proactive leadership will have a huge impact on your organisation’s effectiveness in achieving its goals.
As a manager much of your results are determined by your relationships with others whether you are influencing, delegating, collaborating or leading. Learning how to work effectively with your own staff and others will have a huge impact on your effectiveness. For some this was hard enough face to face but we are now forced to explore this from a remote home working perspective, this course will give you the skills you need to still be successful within this environment.
The Challenges of Management
- Recognising and addressing your personal challenges
Management vs. Leadership
- The difference between management and leadership and why its important to recognise
- Typical leadership qualities
Your Leadership Style
- Identify your dominant leadership style
- Realise the benefits of adapting your leadership style
- Identify your personality type
- Recognise your strengths and areas to develop
- Dealing effectively with other types
A Proactive Approach to Management
- Understand your Locus of Control
- The benefits of being pro-active
- Creating a vision for your department / team or organisation
Effective Team Working
- How to build an effective team
- Theories of motivation
- How to motivate a team
- How to provide constructive feedback
- The purpose of feedback and how it goes wrong
Managing Remote Teams
- The challenges of managing remote teams
- How to build trust, communicate and manage performance in a virtual world
How to Delegate
- What prevents us from delegating?
- How to delegate effectively
Personal Action Plan
- A development plan for you to work on