Lean Six Sigma - Yellow Belt
Lean Six Sigma is a management approach to business performance improvement that combines the two proven philosophies of Lean (which focuses on speed, efficiency and removing waste from processes) and Six Sigma (which focuses on effectiveness and reducing variation). The Yellow Belt certification provides an ideal introduction into both of these approaches and how they complement and supplement one another.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
- Date05 Aug 2020
- Book Now
- Date07 Sep 2020
- Book Now
- Date12 Nov 2020
- Book Now
- Date14 Dec 2020
- VenueVirtual Classroom Learning
- Book Now
The above prices include an exam fee of £159.00
This 2-day Instructor led, Yellow Belt Foundation Course aims to develop understanding and awareness of the Lean and Six Sigma philosophies and introduces delegates to the core principles, tools, techniques and practices of both approaches.
This course is suitable for anyone who is interested in Business/Process improvement and is seeking to understand and develop the skills and knowledge necessary to contribute to a Lean Six Sigma Project or team.
- Understand the basic principles and concepts of Lean Six Sigma
- Understand the fundamentals of and be able to apply the DMAIC process and methodologies
- Understand and be able to use some of the basic Lean and Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Be able to actively participate and contribute to Lean Six Sigma projects and/or teams
This course will help provide your business with the skills and knowledge necessary to bring about significant performance improvements in a structured and controlled manner.
Train staff in a proven business improvement approach, equipping them with the tools to improve existing processes and develop effective new processes.
Add value for customers, employees and shareholders by minimising process variation and waste.
You will gain or increase your awareness of Lean Six Sigma principles, tools and techniques.
You will become able to contribute to and work effectively within improvement projects and teams.
You will learn to analyse and refine processes in order to improve performance, reduce waste and variation, and improve quality and consistency.
- Lean History, Philosophy, Principles and wastes
- Six Sigma History, Philosophy and the process equation
- Lean Six Sigma Key Principles and the DMAIC Improvement Model
- Continuous Improvement Organisation – Roles and Responsibilities
- Team Based Approach – Practises, Evolution and Brainstorming
- Other Improvement Methods – Design for Lean Six Sigma (DLSS)
- The Voice of the Business and the Project Charter
- The Voice of the Customer – CTQ’s \ Customer Segments \ Kano
- The Voice of the Process – SIPOC diagrams
- The Voice of the Stakeholders – Mapping and Communication Planning
- Discrete and Continuous Data
- Measurement and Systems Analysis
- Data Collection, Planning and Techniques
- Descriptive Statistics and Sigma Capability, Defects and Yields
- Deployment Maps and Transformation Diagrams
- Value Analysis, Value Stream Mapping and Theory of Constraints
- Cause and Effect Analysis – Ishikawa, the 5 Why’s and Hypothesis Testing
- Stabilisation and TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)
- Rapid Improvement Approach (Kaizen)
- Creating Level Work Flow and Setup Reduction
- Work Cells and Product Family Analysis
- Solution Selection – Impact/Effort Evaluation
- Common and Special causes of Variation
- Statistical Process Control
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Control Planning
- Visibility Principle
- Project Handover
A minimum awareness/understanding of basic mathematics and statistics.
The Yellow Belt certification consists of a two day course with an open book exam at the end of day two. The 60 minute exam consists of 50 questions and a mark of 32 or more is required to pass.
Exam results will be issued directly to candidates by APMG.