Running Effective Meetings
Meetings have become part of our everyday working lives but there are good meetings and there are bad meetings. Bad meetings drag on incessantly, you never seem to get to the point, and you leave wondering why you were even there. Effective meetings leave everyone involved feeling that you've really accomplished something and everyone leaves energised. This course will teach you the differences between the two, how to run good meetings and what to do if you find yourself in a bad one!
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
This course will enable delegates to understand how to prepare for and run an effective meeting, maximising efficiency and ensuring effective outputs.
Anyone who has to facilitate or actively participate in meetings.
Ineffective meetings cost valuable time and money and often result in wasted opportunities. Delegates will leave this course with the knowledge and desire to run effective meetings which will ultimately save time and money for your organisation and turn your meetings into the productive forum that they should be.
Running meetings can be a daunting experience. At worst they end without the desired outcome being achieved and are full of conflict, often they seem unnecessary or end up going “round in circles”, wasting everyone’s time and frustrating people. You will leave this course understanding how to overcome many of these difficulties and being able to look forward to your next meeting.
- Personal challenges of meetings
- Characteristics of effective and ineffective meetings
- Meeting preparation - including defining purpose, participants and the agenda
- Group Behaviours
- The role of a facilitator
- Facilitation practice and reflection
- Dealing with difficult behaviour in meetings
- Ensuring every meeting ends in actions and commitment
- Personal action plans