Scrum Product Owner
Scrum is the most broadly practiced Agile framework in use today. This 2 day course will give you the practical skills you need to be a successful Product owner within an Agile environment.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Book your place
- Date25 Jun 2019
- Book Now
The above prices include an exam fee of £187.00
Guaranteed to run
This two day course will introduce delegates to the role and responsibilities of the Product Owner. Through a mixture of seminars and exercises attendees will not only learn about this pivotal role, but also pick up practical tips to help them create the best possible product.
Product Owners are often drawn from many walks of life, project managers, product managers, business analyst and marketeers all bring different perspective to the role.
If you are likely to be charged with ensuring a product delivers maximum value to your customers, this is the course for you.
- Create and manage a product vision that inspires developers and customers alike.
- CraftUser Stories that allow clear communication between the customer and the development team.
- Create themes and personas that allow you to get to grips with what your customers want from a product.
- Define the minimum viable product (MVP)
- Own and refine the product backlog (PBL)
The product owner role is primarily responsible for ensuring that the Scrum team deliver value to the business, yet often companies neglect to invest in this vital position. A well trained and empowered product owner will build inspiring product visions, ensure that the most valuable features arrive to wow customers early and prevent features that don't add value from ever being built.
Many product owners are thrown in the deep-end, whether you’ve come from a business analysis, marketing, project management or product management background this role will be different to any you have known before, and more rewarding. This course will highlight your key responsibilities and give you practical tips on how to rapidly return value to the business.
- The Agile Manifesto
- What flexes?
- How does this work in Scrum?
- The Development Team
- The ScrumMaster
- The Product Owner
- How Do the Roles Work Together?
- Is this the end of Project Managers?
- Managing the Vision
- Qualities of a Successful Vision
- Areas of Stakeholder Value
- Why Use User Stories?
- INVESTing in Excellent User Stories
- Handling Epics
- Utilising Personas & Themes
- Definition of Ready
- Owning the PBL
- Creating a DEEP PBL
- Precision vs. Accuracy
- Units of Estimations
- Agile Estimating
- Prioritisation Techniques
- Minimum Viable Product
- The Product Roadmap
- Burndown Charts
- Release Burnup Charts
- Kanban Boards
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
There is no pre-course reading required.
Pre-course reading and post-course support on Quanta Learn.
The exam is not taken during the course but delegates will be sent a password and link shortly after the course, allowing the online exam to be sat. Please note some additional study will be required to top up your Scrum knowledge before taking the exam.
Passing score: 85%
Time limit: 60 minutes
Format: Multiple Choice and True/False