Project Phoenix - a Project Management Business Game
The crowds are waiting… competitors are watching expectantly. Can Project Phoenix resurrect your theme park’s dwindling trade or is the ride of your life likely to derail before it even begins? You need to bring all your Project Management excellence to ensure success. Can you live up to those high expectations?
Quanta's Project Phoenix business game bridges the gap between knowledge and behaviour, enabling delegates to learn for themselves the importance of not just learning, but applying sound project principles. Each team member will have the opportunity to experience various roles with the project – how will you ace up to being Project Manager as the launch date approaches?
*This Business Game can be run over 1 or 2 days.*
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Delegates taking part in Project Phoenix Business Game take on the roles of a project management team tasked with selecting and implementing an initiative to reverse the dwindling trade of the theme park business Tolerant Sow.
Delegates will experience the following parts of the project lifecycle: Requirements Management, Resource Scheduling, Project Implementation and Post Project Review.
They will also have the option of being exposed to one additional module from Developing a Business Case, Stakeholder Analysis, or Risk Management.
Alternatively, if taken as a two day course all modules can be experienced.
Anyone who works in a project management role, whether an experienced veteran or a novice project support officer.
- Work as a team to ensure time, cost and quality are kept within tolerance.
- Communicate effectively both with your team and with key stakeholders.
- Understand the importance of requirements gathering.
- Practice scheduling techniques such as developing a Work Break Down Structure and Resource Smoothing.
- Monitor and communicate key information about the performance of your project.
- Record pertinent lessons learned to help ensure the success of future projects.
Project Phoenix can be geared toward companies operating PRINCE2®, APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), previously known as APMP or in house methodologies and, as such, create a genuine testing and training ground for your project management team.
For those with prior experience of projects this simulation will allow you to fine tune your skills under the watchful eyes of one of our facilitators. For those new to Projects this course will give you a chance to learn the essentials in a hands-on format.
- Content and purpose of the business case
- Assessing business options
- Analysing stakeholders
- Constructing a communications plan
- Gathering requirements
- Evaluating solutions
- Work Breakdown Structures
- Critical Path analysis
- Resource Allocation Tables
- Identifying Risks
- Probability Impact Diagrams
- Assessing Risks
- Planning mitigative actions
- Project Status & Highlight Reports
- The role of the Project Manager
- Time, cost and quality
- Change Control (2-day course only)
- Project End Reports
- Lessons Learnt Reports
- Valuing continuous improvement
A willingness to engage with a challenging all day experiential learning experience.