Earned Value Foundation
Earned Value Management (EVM) is a project control process based on a structured approach to planning, cost collection and performance measurement.
This APMG-accredited course focusses on the financial and schedule aspects of a project and enables organisations to establish a baseline plan, objectively measure and accurately forecast value, in terms of cost, against which performance can be measured.
EVM achieves this by facilitating the seamless integration of project scope, time and cost objectives and the establishment of a baseline plan for performance measurement. It enables the creation of accurate forecasts and reports to satisfy even the most stringent governance requirements.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
EVM is a tool used by project managers to track actual project performance as well as to predict future performance to support effective decision-making.
This certification will confirm your ability to:
• Facilitate the integration of project scope, time and cost objectives and the establishment of a baseline plan for performance measurement.
• Demonstrate to stakeholders whether or not they are getting value for money and make suggestions as to how value can be increased.
• Provide an objective measurement of what has been achieved on a project in relation to cost, scope and timescales.
• Enable accurate forecasting for projects and programmes, and detailed project comparisons across programmes.
Project Managers, managers, department heads, and others who need a better understanding of the elements of EVM.
- The concepts of Earned Value.
- Selecting and deploying Earned Value formulae.
- The Earned Value Process.
- Different levels of System Review.
EVM has become widely accepted in the public and private sectors and the course will delve into the tools and techniques to increase your organisation’s ability to monitor performance and forecast value, supporting successful change initiatives that deliver value within your organisation.
This course is designed for people who need to deploy, understand and work with EVM project controls.
Attending this course will enable you to become an EMV professional able to perform in today’s cost and value conscious environment, applying the tools and techniques you will need to become a subject matter expert, effectively tailoring the guidance to align with your organisational needs.
- Introduction to Earned Value Management
- Definition of scope
- Data collection
- Analysis, review, and action
- Change management
- Risk management
- System review
- Learn from experience
There are no pre-requisites for the foundation course, however a basic understanding of project management would be beneficial.
- Multiple Choice
- 40 questions per paper
- 26 marks or more required to pass (out of 40 available) - 65%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book
- Calculator allowed