Managing Benefits Foundation
The APMG Managing Benefits foundation course is applicable for use in projects, as well as for wider business change activities, and is suitable for a diverse range of business professionals to help your organisation maximise the impact of effective benefits management.
This course from APMG consolidates existing guidance on benefits management into one place, while expanding on the specific practices and techniques aimed at optimizing benefits realization.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
You will learn the benefits management principles, practices, techniques, roles & documents to adopt for use in your organisation, including:
• Forecasting realistic benefits to produce business cases which address business issues and objectives and provide a route to measure success.
• Outlining costs and benefits to drive business objectives.
• Senior executives, including Change and Transformation Directors, responsible for delivering value for money from the organization’s investments in change and achieving the organization’s strategic objectives.
• Senior Responsible Owners (SRO’s)/Sponsors/Project Board Executives and project and programme management (PPM) and change management professionals responsible for delivering the change initiatives from which benefits are realized.
• Portfolio managers and Portfolio Office staff responsible for managing the organization’s portfolio of change initiatives – including optimizing the contribution to strategic objectives.
• Business Case writers responsible for delivering reliable cases on which to base investment decisions.
• Finance professionals and economists responsible for undertaking, or participating in, investment appraisal and portfolio prioritization reviews.
• Business managers responsible for managing the operational functions by which, or within which, change initiatives are delivered and benefits are realized.
• Change Managers and Benefits Managers responsible for managing business change and benefits realization.
- Understand definitions, scope and objectives of benefits management, barriers to its effective practice, and the key success characteristics.
- Apply principles upon which successful approaches to benefits management are based.
- Use five practices contained within the Benefits Management Cycle and relevant techniques applicable to each practice.
- Understand scope of key roles and responsibilities for benefits management and the typical contents of the main benefits management documentation.
- Understand approaches to implementation and the factors to consider in sustaining progress.
Having certified Benefits Management subject matter experts embedded in your organisation will enable your business to demonstrate more efficient and effective practices through better use of available resources.
It will also enhance an organization's ability to retain motivated and skilled change management staff as well as attracting investors.
As a certified Benefits Management subject matter expert you will be able to facilitate an organization-wide understanding of the benefits a project or programme will produce and be able to measure when they are realized.
In addition to this you will be able to implement methods, including knowledge of management accountancy, behavioural finance, psychology, neuro-science and systems thinking in your projects and any future benefits management activities.
- Overview of Benefits Management
- Benefits Management Principles
- Understand the Identify & Quantify Practice
- Understand the Value & Appraise Practice
- Understand the Plan practice
- Understand the Realize practice
- Understand the Review Practice
- Portfolio Based Benefits Management
- Understand different approaches to Implementing and sustaining benefits management
There are no pre-requisites for the foundation course, however a basic understanding of projects and business change would be beneficial.
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration