BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
Attendees will gain an understanding of the range of concepts, approaches and techniques that are applicable to Business Analysis.
The course focuses on key understanding of these concepts and approaches and less on the practical application.
Note that although this course is named as a foundation course, many candidates find it preferable to sit this course as the last course they do on the way to the diploma, using it as a wrap-up-and-remind course.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Book your place
- There are no public, Worcester-based events for this course scheduled at the moment, but you can contact us to request a date or call 0800 018 5597
- Request dates at
Worcester Training Centre
Guaranteed to run
This three day course gives candidates the knowledge they need to develop an understanding of the range of concepts, approaches and techniques that are applicable to Business Analysis.
This course is suitable for those who want to obtain the BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis and gain a broad overview of Business Analysis.
It is suitable for those currently working as Business Analysts and other professionals utilising Business Analysis skills as part of their current or future role.
Note we would not recommend this course for entry level candidates wanting to get a feel for Business Analysis. The 5 day "Fundamentals of Business Analysis - including BCS Requirements Engineering" is a great all-round course that gets candidates up and running and effective quickly.
- Understand the role and competencies of a business analyst
- Strategy analysis
- Business system and business process modelling
- Stakeholder analysis
- Investigation and modelling techniques
- Requirements engineering
- Business case development
One of the key benefits to organisations of this course is the knowledge that all their Business Analysts have a great all-round grounding in the concepts and techniques of the job. This course is more about the theory than the practical, but develops an all-important, consistent knowledge base for its attendees.
Attendees will gain a good all-round understanding of the concepts, approaches and techniques applicable to Business Analysis. The course covers a very wide range of concepts, ensuring candidates have really understood the basics.
- What is a Business Analyst? (2.5%)
- The competencies of a Business Analyst (2.5%)
- Strategy analysis (7.5%)
- The Business Analysis process model (5%)
- Investigation techniques (15%)
- Stakeholder analysis and management (10%)
- Modelling business processes (10%)
- Defining the solution (5%)
- Making a business and financial case (10%)
- Establishing the requirements (7.5%)
- Documenting and managing requirements (7.5%)
- Modelling requirements (7.5%)
- Delivering the requirements (5%)
- Delivering the business solution (5%)
There are no specific pre-requisites for this course, however delegates are expected to be working or have worked in a Business Analysis role or similar.
The syllabus for this course and exam is based on the BCS publication Business Analysis, Third Edition. It is strongly recommended that delegates purchase and familiarise themselves with this book before attending the course. The headings listed in the syllabus relate to the relevant chapter headings, section headings and text included in this publication.
The BCS reading text is not included in the course fee and delegates should obtain their own copy in order to complete the pre-reading. The ISBN number for the book is 9781780172774 and it is available direct from the BCS, or from most on-line book retailers.
The Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis exam is taken on the final afternoon of the course. It is a one hour, multiple choice, closed book exam meaning no materials can be taken into the examination room. Candidates need to score a minimum of 26 marks out of 40 to pass the examination. Candidates who pass the exam are awarded the BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis.