ITIL® Foundation +
Our unique ITIL Foundation+ is a fresh approach to learning about Service Management, it combines ITIL best practice theory with a Quanta business game. The ITIL foundation certificate is a pre-requisite to any further ITIL studies and will earn successful candidates 2 credits towards the ITIL Expert qualification.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Why combine training with a Quanta business game?
Simple, conventional training is not always enough on its own. It is often hard to transfer the knowledge gained whilst studying into the reality of everyday business. The best way to learn this is by doing! With this course you will do just that, experience firsthand the benefits of IT Service Management, skills, techniques and best practice.
The course is for all IT professionals involved in the delivery of business-focused IT services and anyone wishing to gain a formal ITIL qualification and understand how to practically apply this knowledge.
- Apply and deliver the ITIL framework
- Deliver the changes required to make ITIL work
- Recognise the common language and ideas that are embedded throughout ITIL
- Make sense of the lifecycle approach to delivering services in line with best practices
- Identify the processes used throughout the ITIL lifecycle model
- Understand the core tools that are discussed throughout the framework
- Prepare for the ‘PEOPLECERT Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management’ exam.
Not only will the organisation will have an individual with an understanding of what the ITIL service management framework can offer and allow them to more fully understand and participate in service delivery programmes within the organisation. But they will be able to demonstrate how to apply this in the working environment having had to apply it first-hand at least cone already.
You will learn an extremely well recognised and used framework for delivering services and be presented with an opportunity to take a recognised and sought after qualification. However you will also know how to use this knowledge and transfer it straight from the classroom into the live working environment. This will mean you can add far more value to your organisation from day one after the course.
The first day of the course will be taught via a ThirdBrain™ simulation, this will either be Apollo 13 or Operation Aftermath depending on what best suits your requirements. Throughout the week there will be time to reflect on this experience and the theory which has been learnt. This gives the opportunity to understand what principles and processes were required and should have been applied during the simulation.
- Service Management as a Practice
- What is a Service?
- What is Service Management?
- Understanding the Service Lifecycle
- Understanding the key objectives and business value for each phase in the Service Lifecycle
- Understanding key concepts and technical terms employed within the IT Service Management discipline.
- What is Service Strategy
- 3 types of Service Providers
- Designing for the 4 P’s
- The 5 Major Aspects of Service Design
- The 7 Sourcing Approaches
- The Service V model
- The polarised requirements of Service Operation
- Stability versus Responsiveness
- The importance of communication
- The PDCA Model
- The CSI Model
- The importance of Measurements and Governance
There are no formal entry requirements for the course or examination, but it is assumed that all delegates will have a basic level of IT literacy.
At the end of the course there is a 1 hour exam with 40 multiple choice questions. The questions are selected from the full ITIL Foundation in IT Service Management examination question bank. The pass mark is 65% (26 out of 40).
Photographic ID is required to sit the exam, ideally a Passport or Driving License.