VMware 6 Troubleshooting
This course is designed to provide system administrators with additional skills to assist them in the troubleshooting of a VMware environment
It is has also been updated to vSphere version 6 but still references version 5.5. This includes not just the operating system, but also the utilities used, such as vMA.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
After attending this highly practical course you will have VMware troubleshooting skills which will certainly reduce or maybe even eliminate the need for a VMware support contract. With over 70% of the course being lab based, you will certainly be given the exposure and experience to make that a reality!
System administrators, system engineers, those in short who need the skills, knowledge and practical abilities to perform advanced troubleshooting of a VMware environment.
- Use the VMware vSphere Client and service console commands to configure or diagnose and rectify problems on vSphere
- Use the vSphere Client and the VMware vSphere Management Assistant (vMA) appliance to configure or diagnose and rectify problems on vSphere hosts
- Use ESXi technical support mode to diagnose and rectify problems on vSphere
- Use vSphere 6 console troubleshooting options
- Create and use a network sniffer to capture and display virtual switch network traffic
- Use the vSphere Client and command-line tools to troubleshoot VMware VMotion™, VMware Storage VMotion, VMware High Availability, VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler, and virtual machine power-on problems
With the additional skills from this course, the organisation should benefit from a time saving in the rectification of problems, no need to call third parties, which in turn should lead to more consistent and reliable VMware environment. This results in a greater availability of the services offered by the IT department and hence greater efficiency, and an overall cost saving for the organisation.
This course will enhance your VMware troubleshooting skills, allowing you to solve problems that perhaps you might have had difficulty with beforehand. It should result in a reduced need to call for assistance, be it raising the incident to the next level or calling in third party support.
- Troubleshooting in VMware 6 and 5.5
- Install and use vMA
- Learn common VMware vSphere Command-Line Interface commands and syntax
- Use vSphere console troubleshooting options
- Configure ESXi technical support mode and SSH access
- View ESXi, and vCenter Server log files, from both the file system and the vSphere console
- Configure a centralized ESXi log host
- Identify and configure vNetwork components
- Configure and use a network traffic sniffer
- Troubleshoot vSphere management components
- View, configure, and diagnose storage access problems
- Configure iSCSI authentication and digests
- Troubleshoot VMotion and Storage VMotion errors
- Troubleshoot errors with slot calculations, admission control, and host monitoring
- Troubleshoot errors with shares, pools, and limits
- Review power-on requirements
- Troubleshoot virtual machine power-on failures
- Complete a final multi hour, multi problem troubleshooting exercise
This is course builds upon either the delegates existing VMware skills, or the skills learnt in the administrative courses offered, such as the Fast track or Install, Configure and Manage. It is not suitable for someone new to VMware.