SQL Server Upgrading Skills
Microsoft SQL Server is a powerful data platform that is improving with every release. For example, SQL Server Always On technologies provide near zero downtime. Enhancements to the OVER clause provides powerful new ways to query SQL Server data. The Integration Services Catalog revolutionises the management of Integration Services packages.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
The course covers important features of SQL Server that have been introduced or enhanced at from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2019. It includes strategies to upgrade database to newer releases. The course will also include Reporting Services and Integration Services as part of SQL Server. The course will include lectures, demonstrations and exercises to consolidate the topics covered.
Experienced database administrators, support technicians and SQL developers who need to be able to use SQL Server from the 2012 to 2019 releases. This includes the popular SQL server 2016 release.
- Install SQL Server 2019
- Upgrade SQL Server databases
- Make us of the Integration Services Catalog
- Use the reporting Services Web Portal
- Configure Availability Groups
- Use the enhanced OVER clause
Each new release of SQL Server brings a range of new features and enhancements. Your organisation will want to make use of these important features. This course will enable your organisation to take advantages of these important enhancements.
Without action your important SQL server skill could become out of date. This course will bring you up to date at SQL Server 2019. It will ensure you are able to continue to work effectively with SQL Server.
• New TempDB install option
• Upgrading Databases
• SQL Server Migration Assistant
• Server auditing
• Database auditing
• Configuring Availability Groups
• Managing Availability Groups
• Listener Configuration
• Basic Availability Groups
• JSON Support
• OVER Clause and Analytic functions
• Windowing Queries
• System Versioned Temporal tables
• Introduction to Columnstore Indexes
• Configuring Integration Service Catalog
• Parameters ad Environments
• Package Parts
• Key Performance Indicators
• Mobile Reports
Delegates must have comprehensive experience of SQL Server 2008 R2 or an earlier version.