SharePoint 2013, 2016 & Online. Part 2: Site Owner
Although installation and maintenance of Microsoft Office SharePoint Services is performed by an IT department, a business user (or two) is mandated to develop and evolve SharePoint sites, whose remit is day-to-day site management, making configuration changes to realign operational use with business objectives.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Book your place
- 26 Feb 2019
- Book Now
This course provides attendees with the skills and knowledge to perform basic administration and customisation of SharePoint sites (within delegated business boundaries), transforming basic functionality into bespoke organisation-specific features.
Aimed at non-technical users responsible for designing and building the functional use of their owned SharePoint environment for their business users, the content covers creation and configuration of content found in our Essentials course in the form of practical "how-to" exercises that require you to build and configure those features. Attendees not only will gain skills and knowledge in the use of common SharePoint functionality but also understand how sites can be customised to bespoke business requirements.
- Appreciate the role and responsibilities expected of a Power User
- Take ownership of a site collection and customise it to business requirements
- Appreciate SharePoint security concepts and manipulate permissions safely
- Create surveys, discussion boards, libraries, lists and views confidently
- Implement library and list features to control content changes more effectively
- Customise libraries with custom fields, new content types and workflows
- Create new sites and customise them by manipulating web parts
- Configure and define site searches and scopes
- Manage objects found within an entire site collection
Upon completion of this course, nominated individuals will be empowered to shape departmental SharePoint sites and Site Collections to specific business requirements themselves, delegating responsibility away from IT sections and back to the department itself - providing quicker change turnaround and bringing a sound working knowledge of the SharePoint environment into the department.
As an empowered user, you will be exposed to best practice working, be able to make site changes quickly and confidently, and contribute strategically to implementing departmental-driven change within the SharePoint environment.
Your answers to daily questions won't just be "Sharepoint can do that!", but often "I know how we can get Sharepoint to do that!"
What is SharePoint
The SharePoint Security Model
Customising SharePoint Security
Creating Discussion Boards
Setting Up Searches
Using Search Scopes
Site Customisation Overview
Managing Web Parts
Configuring Web Parts
Maintaining SharePoint Sites
Site Collection Administration
A good working knowledge and experience of SharePoint is assumed: attendees should have a strong grasp of SharePoint functionality, either gained from our end-user course or from longer-term prior experience, such as exposure to managing their own portals. Users should also be comfortable with standard Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).