SharePoint 2013, 2016 & Online. Part 1: Essentials
Organisations adopting Microsoft SharePoint 2013 will find it changes the way in which business data is organised and accessed, so everyone within the business is likely to require basic SharePoint familiarity.
This course is a one-day hands-on workshop showing how - and when - to use SharePoint features, and is available as a standard or bespoke course, tailored specifically to your own SharePoint configuration.
For courses at your establishment we have a number of different delivery options that involve shaping the content to utilise your own SharePoint environment - please ask for details.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Book your place
- There are no public, Worcester-based events for this course scheduled at the moment, but you can contact us to request a date or call 0800 018 5597
- Request dates at
Worcester Training Centre
Guaranteed to run
Run as a very hands-on workshop, this course aims familiarise users with the fundamentals of SharePoint. Practical exercises allow delegates to personalise their corporate identity, create and manage documents and lists, view and filter content, search for (and display) business information, follow pre-defined workflows and use some customised webparts.
The standard course content is aimed at bringing end-users with limited exposure to SharePoint up to a familiarity level at which they can comfortably use common SharePoint functionality as part of their daily work processes.
Bespoke course offerings will use an organisation's own implementation as the basis for material and exercises (using screenshots and features in context with that particular configuration), with workshop content tailored specifically to the duties and responsibilities expected of attending roles.
- Understand terminology and concepts associated with SharePoint
- Appreciate roles and responsibilities associated with a SharePoint installation
- Confidently use surveys, discussion boards, libraries, lists and views
- Manage changes to document content in a structured and controlled manner
- Edit and manipulate public content in Wikis and Web Pages using SharePoint tools
- Create your own personal libraries and sites to manage information more effectively
- Understand and manipulate security settings to fulfil business requirements
- Improve productivity by integrating Office2010 products with SharePoint
Staff will gain the capability of using a wide variety of SharePoint features and functions, empowering them to manage business processes appropriate to their job function in a confident manner, maximising investment in within the Sharepoint environment.
By challenging the current ways in which we work, we seek improvements that reduce cost and increase efficiency, evolving into a more effective workforce.
Sharepoint has a dazzling array of wonderful features, many of which are unused simply because people are unaware of their existence, or have not been shown how to use them correctly. By attending this course, you will understand the variety of features available, focusing upon those that are delegated to your job role so that you can work independently and with increased efficiency.
What Is SharePoint?
Participating In Surveys
Following Discussion Boards
Collaborating with Wikis
Managing Web Content
Document Management Basics
Using Standard Library Apps
Your SharePoint Identity
Customising Your Portal
Attendees should be comfortable with standard Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) and be familiar with basic browser functionality. Prior knowledge or experience of SharePoint prior to the course is not assumed.