SharePoint 2010 Part 1: End-User
SharePoint has changed the way in which businesses can access and organise data, thanks to its dazzling array of wonderful features, many of which are unused simply because people are unaware of their existence, or haven't been shown how to use them correctly.
If you are still waiting for your SharePoint deployment to show a return on investment, this is the course for you.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Book your place
- There are no public, Worcester-based events for this course scheduled at the moment, but you can contact us to request a date or call 0800 018 5597
- Request dates at
Worcester Training Centre
Guaranteed to run
Run as a very hands-on workshop, this part-1 course familiarises users with fundamental SharePoint concepts, including functionality and terminology, demystifying and taming the "SharePoint Beast" through practical exercises in which attendees personalise their corporate identity, create and manage documents and lists, view and filter content, search for (and display) business information, follow pre-defined workflows and use some customised webparts.
- Understand terminology and concepts associated with SharePoint
- Appreciate roles and responsibilities associated with a SharePoint installation
- Confidently use surveys, discussion boards, libraries, lists and views
- Manage changes to document content in a structured and controlled manner
- Edit and manipulate public content in Wikis and Web Pages using SharePoint tools
- Create your own personal libraries and sites to manage information more effectively
- Understand and manipulate security settings to fulfil business requirements
- Improve productivity by integrating Office2010 products with SharePoint
To obtain the greatest benefit form any tool, one must know how to use it properly - if your organisation is considering a shift to SharePoint should it not not be used by staff that know how to use it productively? Let us train them up and turn SharePoint frustrations into SharePoint triumphs!
The standard course content can be tailored specifically to your own SharePoint configuration. We have a number of different delivery options that involve shaping the content to utilise your own SharePoint environment for onsite courses within your organisation. Contact Us for more details.
Bespoke course offerings will use an organisation's own references as the basis for material and exercises (using screenshots and features in context with that particular configuration), with workshop content tailored specifically to the duties and responsibilities expected of attending roles.
Your SharePoint journey begins here! This course enables you to understand the variety of features available in SharePoint by exploring their purpose and use, focusing upon those that are delegated to your job role so that you can work independently with increased efficiency.
What Is SharePoint?
Your SharePoint Site
Customising Your Portal
Setting Your Own Permission
Participating In Surveys
Following Discussion Boards
Collaborating with Wikis
Managing Web Content
Document Management Basics
Using Standard Libraries
Creating A New Library
Searching for Content
Attendees should be comfortable with standard Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) and be familiar with basic browser functionality. Prior knowledge or experience of SharePoint prior to the course is not assumed.