Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part One (ICND1)
This course will focus on providing delegates with the knowledge required to install, operate, configure and verify basic IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
This course will provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to install, operate, configure and verify a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network. This includes configuring a LAN switch, configuring an IP router, connecting to a WAN, and identifying basic security threats. After completing this course, delegates will be able to carry out the configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of a small branch network.
Anyone working within an IT environment who is responsible for installing, operating and troubleshooting small branch office enterprise networks.
Anyone working towards the CCNA Routing and Switching certification.
- Describe network fundamentals and build simple LANs.
- Establish Internet connectivity.
- Expand small to medium sized networks with routing enabled.
- Configure, manage and monitor Cisco devices.
- Describe IPv6 basics.
- Explore the functions of networking
- Understand the Host-to-Host communications model
- Introducing LANs
- Operating Cisco IOS software
- Starting a switch
- Understanding Ethernet and Switch Operation
- Troubleshooting Common Switch Media Issues
- Understand the TCP/IP internet layer
- Understand IP addressing and subnets
- Understand the TCP/IP transport layer
- Explore the functions of routing
- Configure a Cisco router
- Explore the packet delivery process
- Enable static routing
- Learn the basics of ACL
- Enable internet connectivity
- Implement VLANs and Trunks
- Routing between VLANs
- Use a Cisco Network Device as a DHCP server
- Implement RIPv2
- Introduce WAN technologies
- Introduce dynamic routing protocols
- Implement OSPF
- Securing Administrative Access
- Implementing Device Hardening
- Configuring System Message Logging
- Managing Cisco Devices
- Introducing basic IPv6
- Understanding IPv6 operation
- Configuring IPv6 Static routes
Delegates should have basic computer literacy, basic windows and internet skills, and a basic understanding of IP addressing.