Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012
With increased functionality on Windows Server 2012, Hyper-V is now a serious consideration for organisations. The course will allow the delegates to install, maintain, and manage Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012 R2.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
This course will teach delegates how to get the best from Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012 R2 and administer their own virtualization infrastructures.
This course is designed for those who wish to implement virtualisation using Windows Server 2012 R2 or to assess its capabilities.
- Deploy and manage Hyper-V
- Create and manage virtual machines
- Configure storage and network connectivity for virtual machines
- Implement Replication and Migration of Virtual machines
- Plan and Monitor Hyper-V
What ever your virtualization platform and future requirements, you can not afford to ignore the benefits of this free add-on to Windows Server and its licensing advantages. Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V administration is a great challenge but also a great opportunity. Trained administrators can ensure the successful deployment, smooth running and high availability of this powerful virtualization platform.
You will gain essential knowledge, understanding and hands on skills with Hyper-V on Windows Server 2012 R2, that will give you confidence and save time in the workplace.
- What is Virtualisation?
- Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V Architecture
- What is System Centre Virtual Machine Manager?
- Hyper-V Features and Benefits
- Hyper-V Licensing
- Guest Operating Systems
- Hardware and Operating System Requirements
- Installing Hyper-V
- Configuring Hyper-V hosts
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Basic Configuring Virtual Machines
- Managing virtual Machines
- Using PowerShell to Manage Hyper-V
- Hyper-v on Server Core
- Lab: Installing and Configuring Hyper-V Server Role
- Lab: Creating and Managing Virtual Machines
- Lab: Using PowerShell to Manage Hyper-V
- Creating and Configuring Virtual Hard Disks
- Managing Virtual Machine Snapshots
- Virtual Machine Import and Export
- Cloning Domain Controllers
- Using Remote Storage
- Lab: Creating Virtual Hard Disks
- Lab: Managing Snapshots and Import / Export of Virtual Machines
- Lab: Using Remote Storage
- Configuring Virtual Switches and Network Adaptors
- Advanced features of Virtual Networking
- Lab: Configuring Networking in Hyper-V
- Non-uniform memory access NUMA
- Managing Processors and Processor Usage
- What is Hyper-V Replication?
- Configuring Hyper-v Replica
- Monitoring Hyper-V
- Hyper-V Backup and Restore
- Live Migration Overview
- Storage Migration
- Securing Migrations
- SMB Live Migrations
- Physical to Virtual (PtoV) Migrations
- Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit
- Assessment of Candidates
- Planning for Virtualisation
- Lab: Planning for the Hyper-V Server Role
Delegates should have some server 2012 experience, and ideally have attended the course
Windows Server 2012 Administration
Familiarity with virtualization is an advantage, but no prior Hyper-V experience is necessary, though any is advantageous.