Deploying Windows 10
Windows 10 is set to become the standard operating system for organisations and businesses. With new operating systems come new tools for deployment. In addition to our Installing and Configuring Windows 10 course, this course will teach you technologies and concepts of Windows deployment. Using the in technologies within Windows Server 2012, making your life more efficient and easier.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
This course will allow delegates to deploy Windows with Microsoft’s technologies that are included in Windows Server 2012 R2, and/or the freely downloadable additional tools. Additionally the course assess the benefits of using System Center Configuration Manager 2012 (SCCM) to manage deployments.
Administrators and support personnel who will be deploying Windows 10, using Microsoft’s deployment technologies on real hardware.
- Install and Configure Windows 10 operating systems using unattended files
- Capture and Configure images
- Use deployment media and network boot to start installations
- Create a Windows Image Customization
- Use the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Managing User Profiles and User State Virtualization
If your organisation is going to stay up to date with Windows 10 deployments, it can benefit from training on the Microsoft free deployment technologies that are included in Windows Server. Automating the deployment of Windows is an involved and skilled task. Don't let your deployment team waste time finding out the hard way, a few days training can save days of guess work.
You will gain essential knowledge and understanding of the concepts and the technologies to deploy Windows. You will receive hands on skills and experience deploying systems in practical labs. This will give you confidence and save time in the workplace.
- Windows Image File Format (WIM Files)
- Windows Pre-Installation Environment (Win-PE)
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK)
- Answer Files
- Windows System Image Manager (Windows SIM)
- Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Automated Deployment Strategies
- Licensing Windows
- Using Answer Files with WSIM
- Installing the System Manager
- Configuration Passes
- Using System Image Manager to Create Answer Files
- ICD Overview
- Create a Provisioning Package in ICD
- Deploy and Image with ICD
- Imaging Overview
- Image X
- Introducing the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Setting up the Deployment Share
- Using MDT to Capture and Image
- Deployment Share and Capture an Image
- Deploying Images with MDT
- DISM Overview
- Editing images with DISM
- WDS Overview
- Installing WDS
- Adding Images to the Server
- Configuring WDS Image Deployments
- Deploying images
- Further Configurations in WDS
- Implementing User State Virtualization by Using Group Policy
- Configuring UE-V
- Managing User State Migration
- What is System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)?
- What SCCM Adds to Automated Deployments
- Steps for Using SCCM to Deploy Operating Systems
Delegates should have good familiarity with Windows clients and servers and networking in an organisation's IT environment. Familiarity with deployment techniques such as imaging is useful.