Creating Reports and Dashboards in Microsoft Power BI
Microsoft Power BI is a powerful business analytics service that can be used to transform data from multiple sources into interactive, visual reports that can be viewed on any device. With Data Analysis and Business Intelligence being vital to business success, this course will give you the knowledge and tools to create highly visual reports and dashboards to facilitate and accelerate decision making.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
This course will allow users to take data models that have already been created and create interactive reports and dashboards for end-users to quickly gain data insights.
Anyone who wants to learn how to create reports from data! It would be suitable for any level of IT experience but would mainly benefit users in data analysis or reporting roles.
- Use Power BI to draw out information and intelligence from business data.
- Create engaging and interactive reports using data visualisations.
- Implement a consistent theme for reports using templates and best practices.
- Extend reports with custom visualisations.
- Create dashboards with report items, drilldown, and navigation.
- Publish and share reports within the organisation.
Power BI provides live insights throughout your organisation by making your vast amount of data easily consumable. Well-designed reports and dashboards can transform the way your staff work, facilitating day-to-day decision making and identifying problem areas rapidly.
Data Analytics and Data Science are some of the fastest-growing roles today. With the tools gained on this course, you can take the data provided by your data team and create concise, interactive reports to be used at all levels within an organisation.
- What is Power BI?
- Power BI within the data analysis toolkit.
- Introduction to the Power BI Desktop interface.
- Introduction to the Power BI Service interface.
- Tables and matrices.
- Layout best practices.
- Bookmarks and Selections.
- Adding report objects – text, buttons etc.
- Q&A natural language queries.
- Standard visualisations.
- Build your own.
- Pin a Q&A.
- Sharing reports.
- Using and creating Content Packs.
Whilst not essential, experience creating charts in a tool like Microsoft Excel and an understanding of the different type of charts would be beneficial.