Project, Planning & Control Practitioner
The Project, Planning & Control (PPC) Practitioner course is the next step on your journey to understanding and applying effecting planning tools and techniques as well as discovering how best to assert control in projects.
Projects naturally carry with them a level of uncertainty and this course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to manage and remove uncertainty during project delivering according to APMG best practice.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
The course thoroughly explains the APMG approach and will equip you with the tools needed to become an effective project planner. The course content and delivery will provide greater certainty over project planning and control, so that standards can be set by organizations to achieve best practice as well as get value for money from your projects.
This APMG course will:
• Give a step by step controls guide from project initiation to execution.
• Provide a holistic overview of the interdependencies between planning and controls functions.
• Be a practical and scalable companion to almost any project controls professional.
• Enable effective capability growth for delivery organizations.
• Understand the approaches and products used to gain a clear definition of a project.
• Use the approaches and techniques to plan and close a project.
• Understand the selection and use of appropriate scheduling techniques and appropriate presentation of the outputs.
• Apply the management of risk in the planning, execution and evaluation of a project.
• Apply the practices used for rigorous monitoring to enable proactive control of the project.
Attendees will gain a thorough understanding of the standards that can be set by organizations against a common text. This will support your organisation in achieving value for money from your projects, as well as assuring a set standard that can be tailored to suit your organisations’ needs that will, in turn, support a culture of best practice.
By the end of this course you will have gained the tools needed to become an effective project planner.
The course prepares you for the APM Project Planning and Control Practitioner exam; this qualification is widely recognised in all industry sectors.
- Project Definition
- Critical Path Analysis & Constraints
- Estimating & Resourcing
- Earned Value Management
- Managing Risk
Candidates must pass the PPC foundation exam before undertaking the PPC practitioner examination.
Pre-course and post-course support is available on Quanta Learn, our e-learning portal.
- Complex Multiple Choice
- 8 question paper with 10 marks available per question
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 3 hour duration
- Open-book (Project Planning & Control guide only)