Project, Planning & Control Foundation
The Project, Planning & Control (PPC) Foundation course is the first step on your journey to learning how to understand and apply effecting planning tools and techniques as well as discovering how best to assert control in projects.
Projects naturally carry with them a level of uncertainty and this course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to manage and remove uncertainty during project delivering according to APM best practice.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
The course thoroughly explains the APMG approach and will equip you with the tools needed to become an effective project planner. The course content and delivery will provide greater certainty over project planning and control, so that standards can be set by organizations to achieve best practice as well as get value for money from your projects.
This APMG course will:
• Give a step by step controls guide from project initiation to execution.
• Provide a holistic overview of the interdependencies between planning and controls functions.
• Be a practical and scalable companion to almost any project controls professional.
• Enable effective capability growth for delivery organizations.
Who is this course for
This course will support Planning Managers & Engineers, Project Control Managers & Engineers, Cost Engineers, Project Managers and business change professionals who wish to gain the certified APM Project Planning and Control Foundation qualification.
• Understand the approaches and products used to gain a clear definition of a project.
• Use the approaches and techniques to plan and close a project.
• Understand the selection and use of appropriate scheduling techniques.
• Apply the practices used for rigorous monitoring to enable proactive control of the project.
• Appreciate the basis for good record keeping, which also facilitates the virtuous feedback and learning cycle.
Attendees will gain a thorough understanding of the standards that can be set by organizations against a common text. This will support your organisation in achieving value for money from your projects, as well as assuring a set standard that can be tailored to suit your organisations’ needs that will, in turn, support a culture of best practice.
The course prepares you for the APMG Project Planning and Control Foundation exam; this qualification is widely recognised in all industry sectors.
By the end of the course you will understand the processes, tools and techniques advocated by APMG and you will be equipped to be an informed member of a Project Support Office or Planning & Control team.
- Business Case
- Scope Management
- Requirements Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Planning & Scheduling
- Dependency Management
- Handover and Closeout
- Types of Schedule
- Building the Schedule
- Critical Path Method
- Time Analysis
- Duration Estimates
- Communicating the Schedule
- Schedule Narrative
- Schedule Review
- Project Baselines and Baselining Principles
- Performance Reporting
- Variance Analysis
- Resource Monitoring
- Earned Value Analysis
- Cost Control
- Short-term Planning
- Change Control
- Forensic Analysis
- Record Keeping
No prerequisites are necessary for attendance, although delegates would benefit from some experience and understanding of basic planning principles and terminology.
Pre-course and post-course support is available on Quanta Learn, our e-learning portal.
- Multiple Choice
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration