PRINCE2® 6th edition- Foundation
PRINCE2 is the best practice framework for Project Management from AXELOS. This intensive 3 day course will take you through the PRINCE2® 6th edition methodology including the Foundation examination, giving you the chance to gain an internationally recognised qualification. A copy of the text book ‘Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2’ 6th edition will be issued to you on day one of the course.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
The course thoroughly explains the PRINCE2 project management method and language. It will teach you how to tailor this methodology to suit your working environment and control your projects, regardless of size as PRINCE2 is fully scalable, bringing them in on time, within budget and quality requirements.
The course will benefit project managers, team managers/leaders, project and quality assurance or support staff who wish to gain the Foundation qualification in PRINCE2 6th edition. It is also suitable for those wishing to gain a formal qualification after a couple of years of project management experience.
- Apply the PRINCE2 project management method
- Understand the language of PRINCE2 and how the method should be suitably applied to differently-sized projects
- Appreciate the roles involved in making project management a collaborative effort
- Apply the PRINCE2 method to a given scenario in a way that demonstrates understanding and application of the method
- Use PRINCE2 processes and themes appropriately in a particular circumstance
- Critique PRINCE2 documents to demonstrate how they should be written in a project
Attendees should gain a good appreciation of the advantages to using a structured method such as PRINCE2. They will learn the distinct roles involved in a project management team and their individual responsibilities. They will learn how to proactively manage risk, change, progress, business case, plans and quality considerations, as well as understanding the minimum requirements of a PRINCE2 project in order to tailor it appropriately to suit their needs.
The course prepares you for the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams; these qualifications are widely recognised in all industry sectors. Attendees should feel as if they understand the process advocated by the PRINCE2 method and the use of the included document templates.
- Definition and characteristics of a project
- Integrated elements of PRINCE2 – themes, processes, principles and the project environment
- What makes a project a PRINCE2 project
- Features and benefits of PRINCE2
- PRINCE2 manual and terminology
- Need for project environment organisation structure
- Roles and responsibilities
Starting Up and Initiating a Project
- Pre-project elements
- Baseline documentation
- Defining quality
- Quality planning
- Quality control
- Quality responsibilities
- Managing by stages
- Advocated progress controls
- Use of tolerances
- Endemic nature of change
- Types of issue
- PRINCE2 approach to change
- PRINCE2 approach to risk management
- Risk identification, assessment, planning and implementation
- Risk responses
- Risk monitoring
- The PRINCE2 planning process
- Scoping a project: the product-based planning technique
- How work packages are agreed, undertaken and delivered
- Handling serious plan deviations
- Managing stages
- Handling issues
Closing a project
- Final acceptance testing
- Important closure activities
- Minimum requirements of themes and processes
- Tailoring PRINCE2 to suit your learning environment
You should ideally have some experience of working with or as part of a project team, as well as a basic understanding of project management tools and techniques, such as those covered within our PFQ and PMQ courses.
To book your exam, you will be sent an exam voucher before your course from which you will be directed to go to PeopleCert's website and book your preferred time and day.
Please be aware that if you are on a face to face course in Worcester you will not be able to do your exam from our facility, sorry for any inconvenience this causes.