PRINCE2® 2017 Practitioner Workshop
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Book your place
- Date05 Sep 2019
- Book Now
- Date28 Nov 2019
- Book Now
The above prices include an exam fee of £203.00
Guaranteed to run
Extensive use is made of case study material which is designed to help delegates to consolidate the elements of the PRINCE2® Foundation course, produce the key PRINCE2® management products, discuss PRINCE2® scalability issues and apply the elements of PRINCE2® to a practical scenario as they will be expected to do in the Practitioner exam.
This workshop is intended for delegates who are familiar with the PRINCE2® project management method. It provides revision of the method and gives guidance and practice in preparing for the PRINCE2® Practitioner's examination administered by PeopleCert.
- Apply the PRINCE2 method to a given scenario in a way that demonstrates understanding and application of the method
- Use PRINCE2 processes and themes appropriately in a particular circumstance
- Critique PRINCE2 documents to demonstrate how they should be written in a project
Attendees should gain a good appreciation of the advantages to using a structured method such as PRINCE2® . They will learn the distinct roles involved in a project management team and the reporting requirements for all of them. They will appreciate how a Business Case underpins a project and how it should be regularly updated and assessed to gauge the continuing viability of the project. They will also understand the importance of tailoring the method according to the needs of the project.
You will be fully prepared for the PRINCE2® Practitioner exam which is widely-recognised in all industry sectors. Building upon your PRINCE2® Foundation knowledge you will gain a good understanding of how an appropriate application of the PRINCE2® method can help control a project and organisation.
- Need for project environment organisation structure
- Roles and responsibilities
- Defining quality
- Quality planning
- Quality control
- Quality responsibilities
- Managing by stages
- Advocated progress controls
- Use of tolerances
- Endemic nature of change
- Types of issue
- PRINCE2 approach to change
- PRINCE2 approach to risk management
- Risk identification, assessment, planning and implementation
- Risk responses
- Risk monitoring
- The PRINCE2 planning process
- Scoping a project: the product-based planning technique
- How work packages are agreed, undertaken and delivered
- Handling serious plan deviations
- Managing stages
- Handling issues
- Minimum requirements of themes and processes
- Tailoring PRINCE2 to suit your learning environment
Delegates must have passed the PRINCE2® Foundation examination within the last 12 months, please ask us if you are unsure if you meet these requirements after the syllabus change.
The price listed includes an optional copy of the 'Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®' 2017 Edition text book.
You will be required to familiarise yourself with the "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® book (2017 edition) prior to attending the course. Please note that the 2009 version of the book is not usable for the 2017 course.
An online copy of the book can be accessed via our online pre-course reading portal. If you do not own a copy of the book you will be able to purchase a copy directly from us on the first day of the course, or at the following link; https://www.axelos.com/store/book/managing-successful-projects-with-prince2-2017
This is an intensive course which will guide you through the entire methodology. Please note that you will be expected to complete approximately 2 hours of homework each evening during the course.
Pre-course reading and post-course support is on Quanta Learn, our e-learning portal.
Quanta will issue your exam results to you via email. Practitioner status will last for 3 years. Practitioner status can be upheld in the following ways: