Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) is an internationally recognised best practice programme management method, which can be tailored to suit any type of working culture and any size or type of programme. MSP is also the de facto standard developed by the UK government for delivering change programmes in the UK. This course will lead you to the much sought after MSP Practitioner qualification.
The price listed includes an optional copy of the MSP® text book, this can be removed when booking if you already have an up to date copy.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
This intensive course is an in-depth study of the MSP method and includes the highly valued Practitioner exam.
Anyone who currently holds the MSP Foundation certificate.
- Apply the MSP framework in a programme environment
- Identify and track benefits
- Appreciate the importance of an orderly transition in a programme environment
- Understand the recommended roles and responsibilities advocated by MSP, such as the Senior Responsible Owner and Business Change Manager
The course relays the importance of an orderly management of change which, in a programme environment, is especially difficult to achieve. In particular, the course will focus on transition (preparing for it, enacting it and then, once it has occurred, realising benefits). A significant focus of the course is on benefits realisation: how claimed benefits must be properly tested for their validity and, if they are valid, how to make more likely the chance of them being realised.
The course will help the delegate to manage a complex change environment. Attendees will appreciate the different perspectives that are germane to risk management, how stakeholders can be identified and engaged, how to prepare for transition and how benefits should be identified and evaluated.
- (Including Benefits Maps and Benefit Profiles)
- (Including roles such as Senior Responsible Owner, Business Change Manager, Programme Manager, Sponsoring Group, Programme Office)
- (Including the use of tranches and transition)
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement Transformational Flow process and activities
You must hold the MSP Foundation qualification and actual experience of working in a Programme environment is desirable and those sitting the course are advised to complete the pre-course workbook and reading.
It is crucial that you have a copy of the Managing Successful Programmes book. The price listed includes an optional copy of the text book, this can be removed when booking if you already have an up to date copy.
There will be some self-study evening work during the course.
At the end of the course on day 2 you will sit the Practitioner examination. The objective testing based two-and-a-half hours exam consists of 8 questions, with 80 marks available, 40 marks or more are required to pass. The exam is open-book (only the MSP Guide is allowed).