Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt +
Lean Six Sigma is a management approach to business performance improvement that combines the two proven philosophies of Lean (which focuses on speed, efficiency and removing waste from processes) and Six Sigma (which focuses on effectiveness and reducing variation). The Yellow Belt certification provides an ideal introduction into both of these approaches and how they complement and supplement one another.
CarWorks, a Lean simulation is an engaging and illuminating one-day simulation that focuses on illustrating, and bringing to life, the principles of continuous improvement and Lean philosophy. By managing a simulated car factory over a series of rounds, you will identify areas for improvement, and using the tools and techniques you have learnt, apply these to later rounds and see the impact that they have on production, customer satisfaction and profitability.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
This 3-day Instructor led, Yellow Belt Foundation Course aims to develop understanding and awareness of the Lean and Six Sigma philosophies and introduces delegates to the core principles, tools, techniques and practices of both approaches. By adding the CarWorks simulation this can then be seen and experienced in practice to reinforce the value of these principles.
This course is suitable for anyone who is interested in Business/Process improvement and is seeking to understand and develop the skills and knowledge necessary to contribute to a Lean Six Sigma Project or team.
- Understand the basic principles and concepts of Lean Six Sigma
- Understand the fundamentals of and be able to apply the DMAIC process and methodologies
- Understand and be able to use some of the basic Lean and Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Be able to actively participate and contribute to Lean Six Sigma projects and/or teams
- This course will help provide your business with the skills and knowledge necessary to bring about significant performance improvements in a structured and controlled manner.
- Train staff in a proven business improvement approach, equipping them with the tools to improve existing processes and develop effective new processes.
- Add value for customers, employees and shareholders by minimising process variation and waste.
- Lean History, Philosophy, Principles and wastes
- Six Sigma History, Philosophy and the process equation
- Lean Six Sigma Key Principles and the DMAIC Improvement Model
- Continuous Improvement Organisation – Roles and Responsibilities
- Team Based Approach – Practises, Evolution and Brainstorming
- Other Improvement Methods – Design for Lean Six Sigma (DLSS)
- The Voice of the Business and the Project Charter
- The Voice of the Customer – CTQ’s \ Customer Segments \ Kano
- The Voice of the Process – SIPOC diagrams
- The Voice of the Stakeholders – Mapping and Communication Planning
- Discrete and Continuous Data
- Measurement and Systems Analysis
- Data Collection, Planning and Techniques
- Descriptive Statistics and Sigma Capability, Defects and Yields
- Deployment Maps and Transformation Diagrams
- Value Analysis, Value Stream Mapping and Theory of Constraints
- Cause and Effect Analysis – Ishikawa, the 5 Why’s and Hypothesis Testing
- Improve Phase
- Stabilisation and TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)
- Rapid Improvement Approach (Kaizen)
- Creating Level Work Flow and Setup Reduction
- Work Cells and Product Family Analysis
- Solution Selection – Impact/Effort Evaluation
- Common and Special causes of Variation
- Statistical Process Control
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Control Planning
- Visibility Principle
- Project Handover
A minimum awareness/understanding of basic mathematics and statistics.
The Yellow Belt certification consists of a two day course with an open book exam at the end of day two. The 60 minute exam consists of 50 questions and a mark of 32 or more is required to pass.
Exam results will be issued directly to candidates by APMG.