Change Management Foundation
This APM Group accredited course is based on The Effective change Manager's Handbook (first edition) edited by Richard Smith and others. It is designed to help define and practise change management successfully, offering practical tools, techniques and models to support any change initiative.
This Foundation level course concentrates on the basics of 4 main areas: Change and the individual, change and the organisation, Communications and stakeholder engagement and Change Management Practice.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
- Date01 Jun 2020
- Cost£1,093 £895
- Book Now
- Date05 Oct 2020
- Book Now
- Date01 Mar 2021
- Book Now
The above prices include an exam fee of £103.00
The purpose of the course is to help those involved in managing change through learning relevent application, techniques, checklists and frameworks. It is intended to address the needs of those who carry out the work of managing change, even if it is not their job title.
This course is ideal for anybody involved in Change Management or who are leading, or about to lead, a business change. Any team member being effected by or effecting change, and individuals who will need to support their colleagues, team and organisation through change, and manage themselves through change.
- Assess the impact of the "change curve" on indiviuals
- Consider the motivations of individuals
- Consider the learning needs of those affected by change
- Use metaphors to assess types of organisations
- Describe and use change management models
- Identify and plan for roles in change management
- Assess the organisational culture
- Identify emergent change
- Identify and exploit drivers of change
- Consider the effect of a vision on change management
- Understand project managementin overview
- Identify, map and segment stakeholders
- manage relationships with stakeholders
- Use different communication channels
- Use facilitation techniques
- Assess the impact of change
- Build readiness for change
- Prepare for resistance
- Build team effectiveness
Organisations with individuals who are properly trained in change management will be able to react more effectively not just to local competition pressures but also global competition and wider political and environmental issues.
You will develop an understanding of change, the negative impacts it can have and how to address these in suitable ways to achieve the full benefits of change. In the current working environment all individuals see their organisation going through increasingly frequent change, and being able to deal with this will often contribute to an individual's personal success within an organisation.
- Stages of Kubler-Ross' "change curve"
- Planning for transition
- Maslow's hierarchy of needs
- Satisfaction and growth
- Types of individual (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator)
- The roots of learning theory
- Learning Process and learning styles
- Training planning
- How we think about organisations: Morgan's metaphors
- Model of the change process, including Kotter, Senge, Lewin
- Key roles in organisational change
- What we mean by "organisational change"
- Emergent change: complex adaptive and complex responsive systems
- Drivers of change
- Developing vision
- Understanding the project environment
- Techniques for stakeholder identification, mapping and segmentation
- Managing relationships and mobilising stakeholders
- Effective communication including two-way communication and cognitive biases
- Communicating change including use of symbols and metaphors
- Lean and rich communication channels
- Developing a communication strategy
- Facilitation techniques
- Identifying change impacts
- Increasing motivation to change
- Preparing for resistance
- Levers (e.g carrot and stick)
- Reinforcing systems: Vicious and Virtuous circles
- Building team effectiveness
Desirable although not essential is previous experience of change management, plus some pre-course reading.
Pre-course preparation is required, along with some evening work during the course.
Pre-Course material will be sent to you 1-2 weeks before the start of the course. Please allow 5-8 hours study time to complete.
The course book will be issued on the first day of the course.
On the last day of the course there is an examination for those who wish to gain the AMP Group Change Management Foundation qualification. The price above includes the exam fee.
Quanta will issue your exam results to you via email.