MoP® Combined (Foundation & Practitioner)
For some time focus of businesses has been on the effective delivery of change. Often delivered using trusted project and programme frameworks, such as PRINCE2® or MSP®. However rarely do we think, are we investing in the right change initiatives? Recently Portfolio Management has emerged as a way of ensuring the correct priority and balance is applied to business change initiatives.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
- Date27 Apr 2020
- Book Now
The above prices include an exam fee of £346.00
MoP helps organizations answer a fundamental question ‘Are we sure this investment is right for us and how will it contribute to our strategic objectives?’. Investment is the keyword because portfolio management is about investing in the right change initiatives and implementing them correctly.
Any organisation or individual seeking to develop their skills in effective Portfolio Management. The course is suitable for senior managers and decision makers, practitioners involved with Programme or Project Management (PPM) and Change Management.
- Understand the principles & benefits of successful portfolio management
- Define the 5 steps to defining a portfolio and the 7 steps to delivering a portfolio
- Understand the steps in a Business Change Lifecycle and how this relates to portfolio delivery
- Use a range of techniques to create impactful progress reporting for portfolio stakeholders
- Understand how existing processes for risk, finance, resource and communications management are applied to portfolio management
Change is costly but the benefits can be huge. However as an organisation you not only need to ensure that Projects or Programmes are run correctly but also give adequate consideration to your Portfolio. Ensuring that your investment goes into the right initiatives at the right time and thus deliver the right results.
The MoP guide provides insights for managers who are responsible for delivering their organisation’s change initiatives, in addition to guidance for management of the portfolio of work.
- Explanation of key portfolio management definitions, the benefits of portfolio management and some common misconceptions relating to it
- Placing portfolio management in to a context of business as usual, programme and project, and performance management. In addition, contextualising portfolio management in relation to corporate governance and corporate functions
- Introducing the principles of senior management commitment, governance alignment, strategy alignment, portfolio office and an energised change culture
- The use of the portfolio delivery and definition cycles
- Portfolio definition cycle
- Detailed discussions on the practices: understand, categorise, prioritise, balance and plan
- Discussions on the practices: management control, benefits management, financial management, risk management, stakeholder engagement, organisational governance and resource management
Knowledge of project and programme management is desirable.
15 hours of pre-course preparation is required, along with some evening work during the course. Pre-Course material will be sent to you 4-6 weeks before the start of the course.
Pre-course reading and post-course support on Quanta Learn, our e-learning portal.
The Foundation exam is a 40 minute closed book multiple choice exam at the end of day 3 of the course.
25 marks required (out of 50 available) to pass - 50%.
The Practitioner exam sat on the last day, this 3 hour objective testing open book (MoP Manual only) exam features 4 questions.
There are 20 marks available per question (all question items will be worth 1 mark, making the total number of marks available per paper 80).
40 marks are required (out of 80 available) to pass - 50%
Quanta will issue your exam results to you via email, find out more about results timescales here