Time Management - Improving Personal Effectiveness
This innovative Time Management course is based on Stephen Covey’s highly acclaimed book: First Things First. The course will develop an understanding of the Key Principles of effective Time Management.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
The style of the course is both participative and practical. Learning-by-doing activities are supported and complimented with concepts and guidance from the tutor. Delegates are also given individual attention to help them diagnose and learn about those aspects which are of particular personal significance to themselves.
Anyone who needs to improve their ability to leverage their use of time within a business context.
- Recognise the Basic Problem with Time Management
- Understand Why Most People Have Difficulty with Some Aspect
- Develop the Right Perspective on the Concept of Importance
- Understand the Importance of Vision and Goals
- Prioritise Activities and Tasks Effectively
- Use the 5 Principles of Effective Time Management
The ability to properly define important objectives and then go on to actually achieve them is probably the most important skill required within the modern workplace. By imparting this important skill to its staff, an organisation can reap many tangible benefits such as increased productivity, reduced time off, reduced stress levels, improved staff morale and increased awareness of strategic and tactical objectives.
You simply cannot manage time, you can only manage yourself in order to get the best out of the time you have available. For a variety of reasons that we discuss on this course, most people have difficulty with some aspect of the subject. Learning how to use the principles taught on this course is vital to just about every situation, both within the workplace and outside, in which time is in noticeably short supply.
- History & Context of Time Management
- The Basic Problem
- The Problem with the idea of Time-Management
- The Key Principles of Effective Time-Management and how to Apply Them
- Applying The Pareto Principle
- The RAFT Technique
- Speed Reading
- Procrastination – Understanding the Why’s and Using
- What to Delegate
- What to Refer
- How to Delegate/Refer
- Reasons for Difficulties
- The Typical Time-Management Traps for Different Personality Types and how to Avoid Them
- Using the Crocodile Principle
- Self Improvement
- Devising / Revising / Changing the System
- Recognising Your Time-Wasting Activities and Learning How to Avoid Them
- Understanding Being Busy and Achieving Nothing
- When and How to Say ‘No’
An open mind and the motivation to learn.