Mental Health Champion (MHFA)
Mental Health England are internationally recognised as a leading organisation in the field of Mental Health. This one day course is designed to create Mental Health Champions within your organisation to support your qualified Mental Health First Aiders.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
An awareness and skills course which will teach you the essentials about Mental Health.
Anyone wishing to increase awareness of Mental Health
- Recognise the main signs and symptoms of common mental health issues
- Provide initial support
- Guide a person towards appropriate professional help
- Be mindful of your own wellbeing
- Develop an understanding of how you can create and maintain a healthier workforce or community
Healthy people are happier, more engaged and more productive. Employers across the UK are acting now to support the wellbeing of their people and create mentally healthy businesses.
Stress, anxiety and depression are the biggest cause of sickness absence in our society. Mental ill health is responsible for 91 million working days lost every year. Simple steps to improve the management of mental health in the workplace will allow employers to save 30% or more of these costs. This is where this course can help.
By attending this course you will gain an insight in to how to keep yourself and your colleagues healthy, encourage them to access support when it's needed for a faster recovery. You can help your organisations Mental health First Aiders embed positive, long term cultural change across your organisation through robust policy.
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other supports
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
There are no pre-requisites for this course