Managing People Effectively
A comprehensive Quanta course covering the key aspects of people management, whether in a departmental or project environment. Do some people seem to be natural managers and get on with everyone? Why is this? Perhaps you are one of them? We explore this and many other questions in this course where you will take an active part in management business games which recreate the key aspects of managing a department or team.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
- Date13 Sep 2021
- Book Now
The course is for anyone who is keen to improve and understand the positive effect and dynamic they can add to a team. By taking the time to go through simulations and self-assessments based upon leading management authorities, you will start to understand yourself and the contributions you can make to a team. Reflecting upon this and your own professional circumstances is also key and where necessary you will be given individual attention to help you diagnose and learn about those aspects which are of particular personal significance to yourself.
Any manager or team leader who has responsibility for achieving results through people.
- Recognise your own management style
- Recognise when and how to adapt your management style to be more effective
- Explain how your behaviour impacts upon others
- Take a proactive approach to management
- Use a tool to manage your time effectively
- Explain what makes an effective team
- Describe various team roles
- Explain the principles of motivation
- Delegate effectively
- Provide your staff with effective feedback and performance management
- Communicate more effectively
- Value the importance of working collaboratively
- Run more effective meetings
- Undertake the next steps in your development
- Understand the power of ThirdBrain™ training
People are an organisation's greatest asset. By ensuring your managers are more effective in managing and dealing with others, your organisation will become more effective itself. More productive meetings, motivated staff, better communication and clear proactive leadership will have a huge impact on your organisation’s effectiveness in achieving its goals.
As a manager much of your results are determined by your relationships with others whether you are influencing, delegating, collaborating or leading. Learning how to work effectively with your own staff and others will have a huge impact on your effectiveness.
- Recognising and addressing your personal challenges
- The difference between management and leadership and why its important to recognise
- Typical leadership qualities
- Identify your dominant leadership style
- Realise the benefits of adapting your leadership style
- Identify your personality type
- Recognise your strengths and areas to develop
- Dealing effectively with other types
- Understand your Locus of Control
- The benefits of being pro-active
- Creating a vision for your department / team or organisation
- How to build an effective team
- Receive and understand your Belbin profile
- Understand your individual strengths and weaknesses as a team member
- Theories of motivation
- How to motivate a team
- How to provide constructive feedback
- The purpose of feedback and how it goes wrong
- How to plan for and run an effective meeting
- Techniques for chairing / facilitating meetings
- How to deal with difficulties in meetings
- What prevents us from delegating?
- How to delegate effectively
- Barriers to communication
- Active Listening
- A development plan for you to work on