Changes must be managed into the live environment with minimal, or no disruptions to the infrastructure. This Release, Control & Validation module focuses on management aspects of this phase, which involves the Change, Release, Evaluation and Testing processes within the service
This course gives you 4 credits towards the ITIL expert qualification.
The Release, Control and Validation module studies how to design, operate, measure and demonstrate value. Ultimately showing how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation.
Anyone in the following IT professions and areas;
IT Operations Manager
or Security Manager.
The list is for guidance only, and choices will depend on your career goals and objectives.
Levels of understanding and competency in transitioning services will be maximised ensuring change is delivered successfully.
Demonstrate the ability to contribute to and deliver services in the operation arena with this course.
Delegates must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, gained from the ITIL Foundation course or the v2 Foundation conversion course.
- Appreciate the principles, goals and purpose of the Service Transition phase of the ITIL service framework.
- Apply the Change management process
- Utilise the Service Asset and Configuration management process
- Use the Knowledge management process
- Implement the Testing, Validation and evaluation processes
- Organise transition services
- Carry-out toolset selection using best practice techniques
Excellent overall - Good Value.
- The importance of Release, Control & Validation (RCV) in the context of the Service Lifecycle
- How to develop an effective Service Transition strategy
- Looks at the Service Transition phase in relation to the RCV process
- How to implement change with minimal modifications
- Covers the activities, processes and techniques and how to achieve successful Service Transition
- Explores the key metrics to measure success
- Understand the business value of SACM
- How to support the execution of SACM using a Configuration Management System (CMS)
- Covers the day-to-day activities of configuration management
- Understand the value of SVT
- Identifies the policies that can support in the execution of SVT
- How to build quality service deliverables through the use of test levels and models
- Understand how services are released into production to enable effective use of services
- How to plan, schedule and control releases
- Looks at the main activities in relation to RCV
- How to handle and deal with service requests
- Identifies the differences between request fulfillment and incident management
- Evaluate services against target performance in the context of change
- Understand the business value of knowledge management
- Know what an effective knowledge management strategy should look like
- Explores the key steps of effective data and information management
- Determining what are the key roles for executing each stage
- Covering all roles including: Change Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Release and Deployment Management and Request fulfillment and Change Evaluation
- Technology implementation as part of implementing service management
- Special technology functions and features related to RCV practices
- Identifies good practices with service design
Duration: 90 minutes
Day Taken: Final day of course
Exam Type: 8 complex multiple choice questions (closed book)
Pass Rate: 70% - 28/40
Photographic ID is required to sit the exam, ideally a Passport or Driving License, other forms of acceptable ID can be found here.
Exam results will come directly to you from PEOPLECERT, find out more about results timescales here.
21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the pertinent areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance publications and in particular, the Service Operation publication.