VeriSM Plus - iFDC
If you already hold a Foundation-level service management qualification then this is the course to inform you about the next stage in organisation-wide service delivery.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Book your place
This course covers the material in VeriSM which is new or particularly different while still relevant to other service management Foundation-level courses (ITIL, ISO2000, IT4IT qualify). It enables those individuals that have these qualifications to successfully migrate that knowledge and leverage existing training investment into the VeriSM way of thinking of service delivery.
This course is for individuals that already hold a service management qualification at Foundation level or higher and recognise the benefits in adding the knowledge of the VeriSM approach to that. The course expects some significant degree of previous knowledge and is not a beginners course.
- Explain what VeriSM is and why it is useful and relevant in the provision of services
- Understand the VeriSM model and its basic application
- Explain the role of the Service Organisation
- Demonstrate the purpose of the VeriSM Management Mesh
- Recognise innovative technology and emerging management practice and its role in service management
- Learn about implementing VeriSM practices in your organisation
The organisation can leverage new knowledge and thinking to further enhance service offerings with the new consideration that VeriSM brings with it while ensuring that existing investment is utilised and optimised.
This course will support delegates looking to gain a wider appreciation of new and emerging management practice as considered by VeriSM. Along with any existing qualifying certification it will provide the VeriSM Foundation level qualification.
- Digital Transformation
- Understand the impact of technology changes
- Describe the way in which digital transformation impacts service management
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Explain what attributes, skills and competencies contribute to a service management professional
- Understand the elements required for teams to function well
- Explain how VeriSM redefines service management
- Define the elements of the VeriSM model
- Understand and explain how the management mesh is used to create and support services
- Explain the four stages of the model: Define, Produce, Provide, Respond
- Understand the process of selecting and integrating management practices
- Explain what a successful service management operating model looks like
- Understand the success factors for adopting a variety of progressive management practices
- Clarify what and when to use: Agile, Lean, DevOps, and SIAM as management practice
- Define the importance of considering Shift Left, Customer Experience/User Experience and Continuous Delivery
- Summarise the implications of technology on service management
- Understand why and how Cloud, Virtualisation and Automation can benefit service management
- Explain the impact of Big Data, Internet of Things, Mobile Computing and Bring Your Own Device on service management
- Define concepts relating to Serverless Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation and Containerisation
- Identify steps involved in initiating a programme to implement and improve service management with VeriSM
- Recognise and differentiate between Reactive and Proactive operations and why this matters
Specific pre-requisites for this course are that delegates must hold a current Foundation-level qualification in a recognised service management discipline (currently defined as ITIL, ISO2000 or IT4IT). Delegates meeting this requirement should be ready to address the material covered in this course.
iFDC state that approx. 20 hours, on average, study is expected in order to successfully pass the VeriSM Foundation course. This includes attending the course, reading prior to attending the course and attempting the sample paper available from iFDC here. The learning requirements for the exam can be obtained here. It is strongly recommended that the appropriate sections of the VeriSM publication are read thoroughly prior to attending this course, in line with this recommendation. It is anticipated delegates spend 5-8 hours reading and preparing prior to attending the course in order to ensure they get the most out of the session.
The iFDC VeriSM Plus Certificate exam takes the following form:
Multiple choice, closed book
30 minutes, 20 questions
13/20 or 65% required to pass