VeriSM Foundation - iFDC
Start here for a comprehensive overview on this new approach to delivering consumer-focused services from the whole organisation, not just IT.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
This course provides a broad-based view of the VeriSM approach. It covers the range of material at a high-level, as would reasonably be expected from a 'Foundation' course. All sections of the VeriSM publication are addressed to some degree by the Foundation syllabus.
VeriSM isn't just about 'IT' services, but can be applied to service management and delivery in general. Therefore, this course is for any individual or organisation that needs to understand service and product, especially those that have a 'digital' component and may be of particular benefit as a grounding for those not familiar with service management concepts, service owners and managers and product managers that want to see how emerging technology and practice can be leveraged to their benefit.
- Explain what VeriSM is and why it is useful and relevant in the provision of services
- Understand the VeriSM model and its basic application
- Demonstrate the purpose of the VeriSM Management Mesh
- Explain the role of the Service Organisation
- Understand the importance of service culture and how to create one in the organisation
- Recognise the innovative technology and emerging management practice and its role in service management
- Learn about implementing VeriSM practices in your organisation
- Address the challenges to service management
Organisations that are using, or looking to use, progressive management and technology will gain employees with a rounded view of what this means, how this applies to the organisation and what benefits this can bring. It will contribute to organisational change initiatives in introducing new thinking and practices in the organisation.
Delegates attending this course will achieve a greater recognition of the service delivery practices being used and emerging in the digital age and be prepared for the changes in digital delivery. Passing the associated exam will provide them with a recognised industry qualification.
- Organisational Context and Governance
- Understand key elements of an organisation
- Optimise organisational interactions
- Define organisational governance and its constituent parts
- Recognise the flow of governance through an organisation
- Digital Transformation
- Understand the impact of technology changes
- Describe the way in which digital transformation impacts service management
- Define what is meant by a 'service culture', what it contributes and the benefits of adopting it
- Explain what the required elements of a service culture are
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Explain what attributes, skills and competencies contribute to a service management professional
- Understand the elements required for teams to function well
- Explain methods to overcome challenges within teams
- Recognise that consumers pose challenges and how to address them
- Address communication within the organisation
- Explain principles that aid organisational change
- Explain how VeriSM redefines service management
- Define the elements of the VeriSM model
- Understand and explain how the management mesh is used to create support services
- Explain the four stages of the model: Define, Produce, Provide, Respond
- Understand the process of selecting and integrating management practices
- Explain what a successful service management operating model looks like
- Understand the success factors for adopting a variety of progressive management practices
- Clarify what and when to use: Agile, Lean, DevOps and SIAM as management practice
- Define the importance of considering Shift Left, Customer Experience/User Experience and Continuous Delivery
- Summarise the implications of technology on service management
- Understand why and how Cloud, Virtualisation and Automation can benefit service management
- Explain the impact of Big Data, Internet of Things, Mobile Computing and Bring Your Own Device on service management
- Define concepts relating to Serverless Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation and Containerisation
- Identify steps involved in initiating a programme to implement and improve service management with VeriSM
- Recognise and differentiate between Reactive and Proactive operations and why this matters
iFDC state that on average, approx. 40 hours study is expected in order to successfully pass the VeriSM Foundation course. This includes attending the course, doing homework, and reading prior to attending the course. These requirements can be obtained here. It is strongly recommended that the VeriSM publication is read thoroughly prior to attending this course in line with this recommendation. It is anticipated delegates spend 10-15 hours reading and preparing prior to attending the course in order to ensure they get the most out of the session.
There will be homework in the evening of day 1, including a sample paper for practice prior to the exam.
The iFDC VeriSM Foundation Certificate exam takes the following form:
Multiple Choice, closed book
60 minutes, 40 questions
26/40 or 65% required to Pass