VeriSM Essentials - iFDC
This course gives you the fundamentals about this exciting new approach to enable the whole organisation to be the service provider.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Book your place
- There are no public, Worcester-based events for this course scheduled at the moment, but you can contact us to request a date or call 0800 018 5597
- Request dates at
Worcester Training Centre
Guaranteed to run
This course covers the essential material to grasp the purpose, core principles and the model for VeriSM as an approach to service management. It doesn't cover the progressive management practices, innovative technology or implementation material which is covered in the Foundation course.
VeriSM isn't just about 'IT' services, but can be applied to service management and delivery in general. Therefore, this course is for any individual or organisation that needs to understand service and product, especially those that have a 'digital' component and may be of particular benefit as a grounding for those not familiar with service management concepts. Any individual that requires an understanding of what it means to work and contribute to a service organisation can benefit from this course.
- Explain what VeriSM is and why it is useful and relevant in the provision of services
- Understand the VeriSM model and its basic application
- Demonstrate the purpose of the VeriSM management mesh
- Explain the role of the Service Organisation
- Understand the importance of service culture and how to create one in the organisation
Organisations that are using, or looking to use, progressive management and technology will gain employees with a view at a fundamental level of what this means, how this applies to the organisation and what benefits this can bring. It will contribute to organisational change initiatives in introducing new thinking and practices in the organisation.
Delegates attending this course will achieve a greater recognition of the service delivery practices being used and emerging in the digital age and be prepared for the changes in digital delivery. Passing the associated exam will provide them with a recognised industry qualification.
The Service Organisation
- Organisational Context and Governance
- Understand key elements of an organisation
- Optimise organisational interactions
- Define organisational governance and its constituent parts
- Recognise the flow of governance through an organisation
- Digital Transformation
- Understand the impact of technology changes
- Describe the way in which digital transformation impacts service management
Understanding Service Culture
- Define what is meant by a 'service culture', what it contributes and the benefits of adopting it
- Explain what the required elements of a service culture are
People and Organisational Structure
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Explain what attributes, skills and competencies contribute to a service management professional
- Understand the elements required for teams to function well
- Explain methods to overcome challenges within teams
- Recognise that consumers pose challenges and how to address them
- Address communication within the organisation
- Explain principles that aid organisational change
iFDC state that approx. 20 hours, on average, study is expected in order to successfully pass the VeriSM Foundation course. This includes attending the course, reading prior to attending the course, and attempting the sample paper available from iFDC here. The learning requirements for the exam can be obtained here. It is strongly recommended that the appropriate sections of the VeriSM publication are read thoroughly prior to attending this course, in line with this recommendation. It is anticipated delegates spend 5-8 hours reading and preparing prior to attending the course in order to ensure they get the most out of the session.
The iFDC VeriSM Essentials Certificate exam takes the following form:
Multiple choice, closed book
30 minutes, 20 questions
13/20 or 65% required to pass