How secure is your business? How valuable are your assets? How would loss of precious data affect you? What if that precious data was valuable intellectual property lost to a competitor? What happens when you discover a security breach? How could you recover from such a severe loss? Can your business survive a catastrophic security incident? Or are you the next whale waiting to be harpooned?
The world is changing so fast, with new threats emerging every day. We can't completely safeguard against every threat, but we can certainly do something about known vulnerabilities and plan for worst-case scenarios. This is where RESILIA comes in: a best practice framework of cyber security designed to help plan and protect your organisation.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
To help prevent, detect and recover from attacks, RESILIA aims to incorporate best-practice security into existing management systems to improve immunity and increase robustness.
The RESILIA Foundation certification is aimed at core business functions including HR, finance, procurement, operations and marketing, as well as IT and security functions - everyone and everything is involved in risk and compliance.
Please note that this is a theory based best practice Cyber Resilience course and not a hand's on technical Cyber Security course.
- Understand the need to categorise and safeguard an organisation's assets
- Raise awareness of threats and vulnerabilities that pose a risk to valuable assets
- Use the RESILIA framework to integrate security concerns with the service management lifecycle
- Plan a strategy that embeds control objectives and interactions with ITSM activities
- Integrate RESILIA activities needed to address cyber threats
- Create a common language across IT and non-IT teams to synergise all organisational staff with security responsibilities
- Demonstrate governance through controlling, monitoring and reporting activities
- Be less of an easy target, and face common attacks with confident preparation
Traditional security measures focus upon tools and products at a technical level - and yet security is a concern for the entire organisation, not just IT. RESILIA is much wider-encompassing, involving people, processes and partners, developing staff to establish a more holistic approach that assures resilience of the organisation's most valuable assets. By considering risk right from the start, projects and programs will have security concerns addressed naturally throughout their evolution to produce deliverables of assured robustness and comply with legislative requirements, rather than including a bolt-on security afterthought.
Increase your credibility and confidence with clients and vendors: don't let poor security embarrass YOU!
RESILIA enables you to understand security responsibilities of ALL stakeholders across the service supply chain, not just business and IT but internal and external. This course provides the breadth and depth of expertise necessary to develop a strong cyber resilience strategy that supports the organisation through its design and transitional activities (via projects), operational activities (business as usual) and effective governance of third-party vendors to your business.
Security is EVERYONE'S responsibility: let RESILIA show you how, where, when - and most importantly - WHY you should adopt resilience best practise concepts.
- What is cyber resilience?
- What are the benefits of cyber resilience?
- Cyber-resilience terminology and the purpose of balancing
- Confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation
- Risk management and why it is needed
- Understand assets, vulnerabilities, threats, risk
- How to address risks and opportunities
- The purpose, scope and components of a management system
- Relevance of common standards and frameworks to cyber resilience
- Management, governance and compliance
- The goal of cyber resilience strategy
- Cyber resilience activities aligned with IT service strategy, including control objectives
- Interactions between ITSM strategy processes and cyber resilience
- The goal of cyber resilience design
- Cyber resilience activities aligned with IT service design, including control objectives
- Interactions between ITSM design processes and cyber resilience
- The goal of cyber resilience transition
- Cyber resilience activities aligned with IT service transition, including control objectives
- Interactions between ITSM transition processes and cyber resilience
- The goal of cyber resilience operation
- Cyber resilience activities aligned with IT service operation, including control objectives
- Interactions between ITSM operation processes and cyber resilience
- The goal of cyber resilience improvement
- Maturity models and their purpose
- Cyber resilience activities aligned with CSI, including the 7-step improvement process
- Interactions between ITSM CSI and cyber resilience
- Segregation of duties
- Dual controls
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course, but a fundamental knowledge of ITIL provides a strong advantage.
There is no formal work required for this course but a number of resources will be available on Quanta Learn.
Duration: 100 mins
Day Taken: End of day 3
Exam Type: 50 multiple choice questions (closed-book)
Pass Rate: 65% - 33/50
Photographic ID is required to sit the exam, ideally a Passport or Driving License.
Exam results will come directly to you from PEOPLECERT.