ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Transition
Lifecycle modules are the next step for anyone seeking or in a management role. The courses give a better understanding of the fundamental drivers for the need for IT services and provides superior, best-practice knowledge (4 days, 3 points towards ITIL® Expert qualification).
Service Transition is about moving a service design into a live environment, successfully. This particular course reviews the managing transitions of services and processes within the framework. It covers the management of Change, Release and Deployment, Testing and Validation and Evaluation as major topic areas.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Book your place
- Date27 Aug 2019
- Book Now
- Date24 Feb 2020
- Book Now
- Date26 May 2020
- Book Now
The above prices include an exam fee of £170.00
Guaranteed to run
It builds on the knowledge gained from ITIL Foundation Level.
To give delegates the required tools to apply the relevant ITIL process to the transition of services from the design and testing arena into the live environment ready to be supported.
Suitable for anyone who wants to gain extensive knowledge of this transitioning stage of the Service Lifecycle.
Not suitable for those that have already attended the ITIL Intermediate Capability course “Release, Control and Validation”.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the core principles that underpin the ITIL service management framework
- Appreciate the principles and goals of Service Transition
- Use policy based controls around the Transition phase of the lifecycle
- Identify the value of Change Management
- Apply the Service Asset and Configuration management process
- Utilise the Knowledge management process and how to use the data to support decision making
- Ensure value from Release and Deployment
- Implement the Testing and Validation processes
- Understand the need for the Evaluation process and how it supports quality assurance
- Organise for Service Transition
- Carry-out toolset selection using best practice techniques
- Prepare for the PEOPLECERT Intermediate Certificate in Service Transition exam.
An organisation's IT team will be able to effectively and efficiently deal with change. Improvements can also be implemented without impediments causing unnecessary disruptions to the business. Effective transition of a service is not only essential to maximise the benefit but also to ensure that the service is received positively by the customer.
Individuals will come away from this course with a better understanding of how to control changes and have greater confidence when dealing with change, and ensuring it is managed effectively.
It also offers a natural career development path for anyone who already holds the ITIL Foundation Certificate.
- Study the key concepts and terminology of the Service Management process
- Understand the main goals and objectives of Service Transition
- The position of Service Transition within the full Service Lifecycle
- Overview of the fundamental principles of Service Transition
- Explore the best practice principles that achieve effective Service Transition
- Understand the concept of service and the roles of capabilities, resources, and warranties when delivering the service
- The managerial areas of Service transition, not taking into consideration the day-to-day operational processes
- Looks at Change Management, Transition Planning and Support, and Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Explores Release and Deployment Management, Service Validation and Testing, Evaluation and Knowledge Management
- Analysis of stakeholder management and communications activities that support Service transition
- How to manage communications and organisational change
- Explore the methods, practices and techniques used to mange change.
- Explores Service Transitional organisational structures and how they are relevant to certain circumstances
- Looks at the Service Transition roles and responsibilities
- Identify challenges, spot the risks and take hold of the benefits
- Covers all the tools and considerations for Service Transition
- The technology required to support Service Transition
- The tools used to support Service Transition’s integration into the whole lifecycle
- How to introduce and justify Service Transition into an organisation
- Measure critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Identify the challenges effecting Service Transition
Delegates must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, gained from the ITIL Foundation course or the v2 Foundation conversion course.
Complete 21 hours of personal study by reviewing course syllabus and pre-course material
Pre - course material sent 4-6weeks before course start date
Duration: 90 minutes
Day Taken: Morning of 4th day of course
Exam Type: 8 complex multiple choice questions (closed book)
Pass Rate: 70% - 28/40
Photographic ID is required to sit the exam, ideally a Passport or Driving License.
Exam results will come directly to you from PEOPLECERT.