ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy
Lifecycle modules are the next step for anyone seeking or in a management role. The courses give a better understanding of the fundamental drivers for the need for IT services and provides superior, best-practice knowledge (4 days, 3 points towards ITIL® Expert qualification).
Kick start your ITIL intermediate training with the first of the lifecycles within the framework. This course covers all the processes associated with Service Strategy, including Strategy Generation, Portfolio Management, Demand Management and Financial Management.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Book your place
- Date28 May 2019
- Book Now
- Date30 Sep 2019
- Book Now
The above prices include an exam fee of £170.00
Guaranteed to run
It builds on the knowledge gained from ITIL Foundation Level.
This course looks specifically at Service Strategy, providing deeper analysis of how it works and how it simultaneously fits into the ITIL framework.
Suitable for anyone who is looking to gain a deeper understanding of the Service Strategy step of the Service Lifecycle. Or for those already involved in this process within an ITSM role.
Not suitable for those that have already attended ITIL Intermediate Capability course “Service Offerings and Agreements."
- Explore the core principles, which underpin the ITIL service management framework
- Analyse how internal and external service providers can better align service offerings with the customer and the business
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles, goals and purpose of Service Strategy
- Adopt strategic principles regarding understanding the customer and what value means to them
- Apply the Portfolio Management process
- Align Demand Management within an organisation
- Ensure that the demands of the Financial management process are met
- Identify the broad areas of skill suggested by ITIL as necessary and the functions that they are separated into
- Carry-out toolset selection
- Prepare for the PEOPLECERT Intermediate Certificate in Service Strategy exam
Employees will have a greater understanding of the management of services in the strategy phase of their life and maximise the benefits of those services by investing in the ones which have been demonstrated as delivering best value. This will help to maximise the return on the service and the productivity of staff.
You will gain in-depth knowledge of Service Strategy and hold a widely recognised qualification, if successful. You will know the Service Strategy phase inside-out enabling you to demonstrate a sound understanding of its core principles and goals.
The course also offers a natural career development path for anyone who already holds the ITIL Foundation Certificate.
- The concepts and terminology in the field of Service Strategy
- Core concepts and practices in Strategy
- How Service strategy can be applied to a business and how it aligns with the rest of the ITIL framework
- The value-creation logic within the ITIL Service Lifecycle
- Define and create values
- Leverage combined use of utility and warranty
- How to create an effective strategy and how they will add value to the business operation
- Identify the processes, activities and methods of Service Portfolio Management
- Explore the strategies that can be used to deal with demand management
- Areas of organisational development
- Where to decide organisation design
- Apply organisational departmentalisation
- Automating service
- Analysing and producing service interfaces
- Developing implementation strategies that follow a lifecycle approach
- Determine viability of strategic challenges and success factors
- Overcome the challenges, identify the benefits and spot the risks
Must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, gained from the ITIL Foundation course.
Complete 21 hours of personal study by reviewing course syllabus and pre-course material
Pre - course material sent 4-6 weeks before course start date
Duration: 90 minutes
Day Taken: Morning of 4th day of course
Exam Type: 8 complex multiple choice questions (closed book)
Pass Rate: 70% - 28/40
Photographic ID is required to sit the exam, ideally a Passport or Driving License.
Exam results will come directly to you from PEOPLECERT.