ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Operation
Lifecycle modules are the next step for anyone seeking or in a management role. The courses give a better understanding of the fundamental drivers for the need for IT services and provides superior, best-practice knowledge (4 days, 3 points towards ITIL® Expert qualification).
Now that a service has been released, it must be supported. This is where Service Operation comes in. This course covers Incident, Event and Problem Management.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
- Date27 Jan 2020
- Book Now
The above prices include an exam fee of £170.00
Guaranteed to run
It builds on the knowledge gained from ITIL Foundation Level.
Studies the relevant aspects of Service Operation and gives delegates the skills to coordinate and implement the processes required to deliver and manage services.
Suitable for those wanting to gain an understanding of how Service Operation fits into the framework.
Not suitable for those who have attended the ITIL Intermediate Capability course “Operational Support and Analysis”.
- Understand the core principles underpinning the ITIL service management framework
- Explore the principles, goals and purposes of the Service Operation lifecycle phase
- Utilise Incident Management processes
- Apply Problem Management
- Use the Event Management process
- Relate to the Request Fulfilment process
- Implement the Access Management process
- Organise for delivering services
- Arrange the Service Desk function
- Carry-out toolset selection using best practice techniques
- Prepare for the ‘PEOPLECERT Intermediate Certificate in Service Operations’ exam.
More reliable and competent IT professionals that can consistently deliver high standard IT Services.
Understand what is needed on a daily basis to support services within an organisation and deliver value.
- The lifecycle phases that Service Operation aligns with
- The main aspects of Service operation
- Defines all fundamental features of this phase
- The use and interaction of the five key processes that make up Service Operation
- Understand the value to the business that the five processes contribute
- The other Lifecycle operational activities that contribute to Service Operation
- Differentiate Technology between Centric and a Business Centric organisation
- Explore the five levels of maturity and how Service Operation can be implemented to increase a Business Centric focus
- How to integrate the Service Operational activities into a Service Operation organisation
- How to build a Service Operation model based on the four functions identified in the unit
- Understand the Service Operation roles and responsibilities
- Learn how a Service Operation organisation can be structured to align with Service Operation processes
- Technology, tools and telephony requirements for the Service Operation processes
- Supporting technology of Service Operation and where these can be used, and how
- Technology required to support all functions of Service Operation - Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Problem Management, Access Management and Service Desk
- How to manage change in Service Operation using strategies and models
- Implementing Service Operation technologies within a company
- How to manage risk within a Service Operation group
- It is strongly recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and relevant books in preparation for the examination.
Delegates must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, gained from the ITIL Foundation course.
Complete 21 hours of personal study by reviewing course syllabus and pre-course material
Pre - course material sent 4-6 weeks before course start date
Duration: 90 minutes
Day Taken: Morning of 4th day of course
Exam Type: 8 complex multiple choice questions (closed book)
Pass Rate: 70% - 28/40
Photographic ID is required to sit the exam, ideally a Passport or Driving License.
Exam results will come directly to you from PEOPLECERT.