ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Design
Lifecycle modules are the next step for anyone seeking or in a management role. The courses give a better understanding of the fundamental drivers for the need for IT services and provides superior, best-practice knowledge (4 days, 3 points towards ITIL® Expert qualification).
Service Design is the second phase of the ITIL lifecycle; this course focuses on the relevant aspects associated with the design of IT services. It will provide you with the essential information on the concepts such as, Supplier Management, Service Level Management, Service Catalog Management and Availability Management.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Book your place
- Date19 Aug 2019
- Book Now
The above prices include an exam fee of £170.00
Guaranteed to run
It builds on the knowledge gained from ITIL Foundation Level.
Highlights how the principles of the ITIL Service Management framework can be applied, in the Service Design phase of the Service Lifecycle.
Suitable for those wanting a more focused look at this specific stage of the Service Lifecycle, how it works and how it aligns with the other processes.
Not suitable for those that have already attended the ITIL Intermediate Capability course “Planning, Protection and Optimisation”.
- Explore the core principles that underpin the ITIL service management framework
- Know the principles, goals and purpose of Service Design
- Effectively apply the Availability management process
- Identify the need for Capacity management
- Understand the Information Security management process
- Utilise the Service Level management and Supplier management processes
- Display the requirement for IT Service Continuity management
- Apply Service Catalogue management accurately
- Organise the designing of services
- Carry-out toolset selection using best practice techniques
- Prepare for the PEOPLECERT Intermediate Certificate in Service Design exam
The organisation will have someone with a superior understanding of the Design of services. How to manage, measure and demonstrate the value of different aspects involved in Service Design. IT staff will align with the aims of the business.
You will have the right knowledge on Service Design enabling you to design services that perfectly match the business requirements. You will maximise the quality of deliverables and you and your team's functionality.
The course also offers a natural career development path for anyone who already holds the ITIL Foundation Certificate.
- Looks at the overall purposes and goals of Service Design
- Explores business value of adopting Service Design
- How Service Design fits into the ITIL Service Lifecycle
- Analysis of the core principles and how to apply to the design of effective service solutions
- How to design service solutions that relate to the customer’s needs
- Introduction to design models to fit with different services
- Focuses on the managerial and supervisory aspects of Service Design stage
- Understanding of: Service Catalogue Management; Service Level Management ; Capacity Management; Availability Management ; IT Service Continuity Management ; Information Security Management ; Supplier Management
- Covers the five areas of Service Design to the management of Service Design processes
- Covers the management of technology related activities used in the Service Design stage
- Activities and techniques involved with application management
- Techniques and processes within data and information management
- Roles and responsibilities of Service Design
- Functional roles analysis and RACI
- Covers the managerial aspects
- All areas of technology for Service Design
- Identify why there is a requirement for Service Management tools
- Understand the types of tools that can benefit Service Design
- Six-Stage implementation
- Measure the critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Business impact analysis, service level requirements and risks
Delegates must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, gained from the ITIL Foundation course.
Complete 21 hours of personal study by reviewing course syllabus and pre-course material
Pre - course material sent 4-6 weeks before course start date
Duration: 90 minutes
Day Taken: Morning of 4th day of course
Exam Type: 8 complex multiple choice questions (closed book)
Pass Rate: 70% - 28/40
Photographic ID is required to sit the exam, ideally a Passport or Driving License.
Exam results will come directly to you from PEOPLECERT.