ITIL® Service Lifecycle - Managing Across the Lifecycle
This is the final step in attaining an ITIL® Expert qualification. To achieve this examination you will need a broad understanding of the Service Lifecycle gained from the Intermediate modules.
You need a minimum of 17 ITIL® credits to be eligible to sit the MALC examination.
This is the final step in attaining an ITIL Expert qualification. To achieve this examination you will need a broad understanding of the Service Lifecycle gained from the Intermediate modules.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Book your place
- Date02 Dec 2019
- Book Now
- Date22 Jun 2020
- Book Now
The above prices include an exam fee of £170.00
Guaranteed to run
It is important, as an ITIL Expert, to understand how all of the phases within the ITIL framework impact on each other. MALC ties up all the phases of the lifecycle and allows experts to effectively manage a service from the time when that service is required, through to design, to the point at which it goes live.
Before finally thinking how to make it better.
You must have 17+ credits attained from previous modules and the ITIL Foundation. MALC brings together the full essence of Lifecycle approaches to Service Management and consolidates the knowledge gained across the qualification scheme.
- Demonstrate and understanding of the core principles that underpin ITIL
- Manage the phases and processes as a whole lifecycle rather than in isolation
- Measure and demonstrate the value of implementing the lifecycle concept
- Deliver services across the lifecycle
- Organise for transitioning services
- Carry-out toolset selection using best practice techniques
Having ITIL Experts within an organisation will increase the quality and value of any service and the productivity of their staff. They will be able to demonstrate a high level of understanding and competency in service delivery across the lifecycle in any situation.
You will learn about how the lifecycle approach can be used in order to manage services from inception to retirement and integrate processes to maximum effect.
If successful, you will obtain a widely recognised qualification - ITIL Expert.
- Lifecycle Positioning and Transition
- Looks at the relationship between Business and IT
- Challenges and risks
- Planning and defining scope
- Budgeting and costing
- Resource Planning
- Quality and control
- Customer Liaison
- Termination of projects
- How to identify risks
- Risk evaluation
- Risk control
- Service provider risks
- How to overcome risks with corrective actions
- Contract and design risks
- Operational and market risks
- Activities associated during Plan, Do, Check, Act
- How to successfully plan, organise, direct, control and evaluate
- Policy Resistance
- Effective communication
- How to deal challenges organisational structure and transition
- Addressing confidentiality, integrity and availability of information
- Addressing a balance in Service Operations
- Understand the value of measuring, monitoring and reporting
- Service Portfolio Assessment across the whole Lifecycle
- Business Perspective Improvement Model
- How Financial Management contributes to the Service Lifecycle Operation
- Basic principles of Service Economics
- Technology implementation as part of implementing service management process capabilities
- Special technology functions and features related to Service Offerings and Agreement practices
Delegates must already have 17 credits accrued from the rest of the ITIL courses before attending this course.
28 hours of pre-course preparation is required, along with some evening work during the course.
Duration: 90 minutes
Day Taken: Final day of course
Exam Type: 8 complex multiple choice questions (closed book)
Pass Rate: 70% - 28/40
Photographic ID is required to sit the exam, ideally a Passport or Driving License.
Exam results will come directly to you from PEOPLECERT.