ITIL® Service Capability - Planning Protection & Optimisation
Capability modules focus on the design and day-to-day management of ITIL® processes and practices.
(5 days, 4 points towards ITIL® Expert qualification).
Planning, Protection & Optimisation is about ensuring services are designed correctly and making sure they are there when required. Concentrating within the Design phase of the lifecycle the course focuses on Availability, Capacity, Service Continuity, Demand and Information Security Management.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
This looks at setting clear expectations for the delivery of a service and how to ensure they are designed, delivered and managed to match the utility and warranty expecations of the customer.
Anyone in the following IT professions and areas;
- Capacity Manager
- Availability Manager
- Change Manager
- Security Administrator
- Applications Support
- IT Operations Manager
- Network Control and Operation
- Network Support
- Business Continuity Manager
- Security Manager
- Service Portfolio Manager
- or Supplier Relationship Manager
The list is for guidance only, and choices will depend on your career goals and objectives.
- Understand Capacity management
- Work with Capacity management during the Demand management process
- Utilise Availability management
- Understand the Information Security management process
- Implement the IT Service Continuity management (ITSCM) process
- Organise for transitioning services
- Carry-out toolset selection using best practice techniques
Individuals within a business will be able to demonstrate an ability and competency in managing the design of resilient, secure and available services in any situation. The benefits of those services by increasing the success rate for delivering change will br maximised.
You will learn about aspects of service management related to designing; resilience; redundancy; and capacity needs for services.
- The concepts and terminology of the Service Lifecycle and the role of Planning, Protection and Optimisation (PPO) within the Lifecycle
- The Service Design basics
- The role of design coordination within PPO
- Covers the main goals and purposes of capacity management
- The methods and techniques used
- How to use capacity management for quality assurance
- Covers the purposes and main objectives
- Looks at availability management in relation to PPO
- How availability management creates business value
- How ITSCM generates value to the business
- Explores the primary activities and principles
- How to implement ITSCM, on-going operation and how to manage risks and plan for recovery
- How to align IT Security with business security
- Understand how ISM contributes to quality assurance for new services
- The challenges and risks of ISM
- Studies the purpose for demand management and its scope and objectives
- How to identify demand management patterns
- How to manage demand for service
- Determining what the key roles are for executing each stage
- Covering all roles: Process Manager, Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Security Management
- Challenges, critical success factors and the risks
- How to design technology architecture
- The technology functions and features that relate to PPO
- The best practices for implementation of PPO
- Considerations when planning and implementing service management technologies
Delegates must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, gained from the ITIL Foundation course or the v2 Foundation conversion course.
21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the pertinent areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance publications and in particular, the Service Operation publication.
Duration: 90 minutes
Day Taken: Final day of course
Exam Type: 8 complex multiple choice questions (closed book)
Pass Rate: 70% - 28/40
Photographic ID is required to sit the exam, ideally a Passport or Driving License.
Exam results will come directly to you from PEOPLECERT.