This one-day high level overview of the ITIL Framework provides delegates with an understanding of what we might call the "ITIL Big-Picture". The course is aimed at anyone who requires an understanding of the concepts and language of ITIL.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
The purpose of this course is to give delegates an understanding of ITIL and how it could apply to them in their specific circumstances by giving a broad overview of what is covered in ITIL and why it is important.
Those staff who need to interface with the ITIL methodology and those requiring an understanding of the benefits ITIL can bring to an organisation. Those staff who will be actively working in an ITIL environment should attend the ITIL Foundation course.
- Understand what service management is and how the ITIL framework suggests it can be delivered.
- Understand the core benefits to organisations that can be realised through the use of service management.
- Recognise the basics of the common language and ideas that are embedded throughout the ITIL guidance.
- Make sense of the lifecycle approach to delivering services according to best practices.
- Have an introductory understanding of the processes used throughout the ITIL lifecycle model.
The organisation will have an individual with an understanding of what the ITIL service management framework can offer and allow them to more fully understand and participate in service delivery programmes within the organisation. They will have a grasp of the benefits and the common language that will put them in a position to take services delivered in this way and see how it fits together in delivering services to them.
You will gain an insight into the basics of service management using the ITIL framework. This includes the benefits of utilising the processes and ideas within ITIL and what they can deliver. The aim of the day is to give you a greater understanding of the what ITIL is and why it could be used. Whilst not giving you equivalent levels of detail regarding the framework than that delivered through ITIL Foundation training.
- Basic appreciation of the aim of IT Service Management
- The 3 elements of ITSM - people, process and technology
- A Top-Level Overview of the following 5 ITIL Core Publications will be provided:
- The Service Lifecycle
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
- What ITIL is
- How it was originated
- What are its objectives
- Concepts and key ideas
- The ITIL philosophy
- Important concepts
- ITIL terminology
- Why it is important
- What are the the major terms and definitions
- Open discussion on the overall lessons learnt
- How they relate to your current mode of operation
There are no pre-requisites for this course. It is assumed though that delegates will have a basic understanding of IT.