IT Service Management Overview - Including ITIL®4 Awareness
This half-day session provides a broad overview of IT Service Management and the ITIL4 framework, the ideas and concepts that it covers and the most important processes that are supported within its guidance.
Attendees will gain an appreciation for what ITIL's aims and goals are, how it can benefit and organisation and how it may be of use to them.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
To provide a broad but necessarily shallow view of IT service management for organisations that need staff to understand the language and terms used but may not be directly or heavily involved in service management.
Delegates that are starting out with IT service management.
Delegates in organisations where a broad but shallow understanding of ITSM concepts will be beneficial.
Delegates in the wider organisation that interact with service management and that may benefit from a basic understanding.
Delegate should NOT attend this course if they will be attending ITIL Foundation training.
- Use basic ITIL® terminology.
- Work with value as a concept.
- Understand the Guiding Principles.
- Identify the purpose of the key ITIL® practices.
- Perform basic value stream mapping.
Staff will have a better appreciation of ITSM, what it is and how it can be used within the organisation.
- Gain a greater insight into ITSM and how it may benefit the organisation
Introduction to Service Management
- Introduction the ITIL framework
- Defining Services and Service Management
- Core concepts of ITIL
- Service Relationships
- 4 Dimensions of Service Management
The ITIL4 Guiding Principles
- Overview of the 7 ITIL4 Guiding Principles
Overview of ITIL4 Practices
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Service Request Management
- Change Enablement
- Service Level Management
- Service Desk
- IT Asset Management
- Monitoring and Event Management
- Release / Deployment Management
- Service Configuration Management
- Continual Improvement
Introduction to the Service Value System
Workshop on how these concepts may be applied within the organisation in order to benefit from, and deliver value with, ITIL4.
- Considering how the guiding principles, practices and ideas may be used by the delegates and encouraging them to look at situations and scenarios where the framework would help.
There are no prerequisites for attending this course.