Controls and Compliance Workshop
This practical workshop looks at what controls are, their role in assuring value, protecting the organisation and achieving governance objectives. Through discussion of the principles of management and control as well as workshop exercises to evaluate controls, design audit frameworks, considering capability and continual improvement, delegates can gain greater insight into how controls can be integrated without sacrificing business value.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
To provide delegates with the ability to apply governance, management and control principles to the design and audit of controls in a service management or other environments.
Anybody within the organisation that is exposed to, uses or designs controls to assure and protect IT services and systems and the business processes that they support. This could include Service Managers, security-related roles, technical roles and business process stakeholders.
- Understand the role of stakeholders in defining controls.
- Assure business value through appropriate control design, measurement and improvement.
- Evaluate existing design and establish control capability.
- Controls that are more focused on the assurance of business value.
- Greater awareness of the importance of following and adhering to governance in order to align with business objectives.
- Better understanding of the role of controls, compliance and governance.
- Develop understanding around the design and use of management and governance principles in controls.
- Define Controls and example of Controls within organisations.
- Define Governance and establish the separation of Governance from Management.
- Establish Policies and Standards which contribute to or encompass Controls.
- Consider Risks and Issues as part of Control design.
- Identify Stakeholders and their role in Management and Control.
- Stakeholder Needs, Business Drivers and Goals Cascade.
- Aligning management and control with the cascade.
- Using a governance system to assure that business value and resource and aligned.
- Understanding the role of Critical Success Factors, Key Performance Indicators and metrics.
- Creating a balanced framework for measuring and auditing controls.
- Understanding Capability and Maturity.
- Using the Capability Model.
- Continual Improvement of Controls.
- Applying, Automating and Auditing.
Some basic understanding of the need to control activity in order to protect the business would be useful but there are no specific prerequisites.