COBIT® 5 Foundation
This course is the starting point for anybody looking to use COBIT to manage and control information within their organisation. It covers all the core principles needed to understand what COBIT is all about and prepares delegates for the COBIT Foundation exam.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
This is the initial course for anybody that wants to know what the COBIT Framework contains, what its goals are and what the core principles that it is based on can do for them. It is a general course aimed at giving awareness as most ‘Foundation’ courses are.
Anybody that is involved in the management and governance of information within their organisation. Individuals that are looking to achieve higher levels of COBIT qualifications will need to start with the Foundation course as well. This is not an IT course but may refer to aspects of IT as a key enabler of information management.
- Recognise the COBIT core principles
- Identify the process domains and how to use the process cascade
- Learn about the COBIT enablers and how they are used within COBIT
- Differentiate between different versions of COBIT
- Understand the benefits that adopting COBIT can deliver within the organisation
- Prepare for further COBIT training
- Achieve your COBIT Foundation certificate and demonstrate your knowledge in the area of information governance
Employees attending COBIT Foundation will have a greater appreciation of the importance of information management, of governance and their role within it and insight into how information management can be delivered alongside ITIL, PRINCE2 and other initiatives that require the management and governance of information throughout.
Achieve a recognised industry qualification that shows you understand not just IT but a framework to deliver the main product of IT – information and can demonstrate how COBIT can help ensure it is leveraged correctly.
- Reasons for developing COBIT5
- History of COBIT
- Drivers for developing a framework
- Benefits of using COBIT5
- COBIT 5 format and product architecture
- COBIT 5 and other frameworks
- Introducing the 5 principles
- Principle 1 – Meeting Stakeholder needs
- Principle 2 – Covering the Enterprise
- Principle 3 – Applying the integrated framework
- Principle 4 – Enabling a holistic approach
- Principle 5 – Separating governance from management
- Overview of Enablers
- Enabler 1 – Principles, policies and frameworks
- Enabler 2 – Processes
- Enabler 3 – Organisational Structures
- Enabler 4 – Culture, ethics and behaviour
- Enabler 5 – Information
- Enabler 6 – Services, infrastructure and applications
- Enabler 7 – People, skills and competencies
- The COBIT lifecycle approach
- Inter-related components
- Internal and external enterprise factors
- Key success factors
- 7 phases of implementation
- Making the business case
- New principles Focus on enablers
- New process reference model
- New and modified processes
- Practices and activities
- Enhanced goals and metrics
- Revised inputs and outputs
- Expanded RACI charts
- New process capability maturity assessments and models
There are no specific pre-requisites for this course but a basic understanding of the role of information in a business context and how it is managed within their own organisation may prove beneficial.
You must obtain a free, downloadable, PDF copy of the COBIT 5 Introductory book from the ISACA website. It would be extremely useful to bring a printed copy to the course as a reference as well. As each copy is individually registered to delegates you must do this yourself, we are not allowed to reproduce the copyright material under the ISACA licence.
You should pay special attention to the 5 principles, the 7 enablers and, within the process enabler, the 5 process areas. It is anticipated that could take 5 hours of pre-course study.
You can download your free pre-course reading here:
If taken as online proctored exam there is an additional £25 fee payable per exam.