SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager with POPM Certification
In this two-day course, you will learn how the roles of Product Owner, Product Manager, Solution Manager, and Epic Owner drive the delivery of value in the SAFe enterprise.
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
You will get an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), the Lean-Agile mindset, and an understanding of how the Product Owner and Product Manager roles operate in the enterprise to drive the delivery of value. Finally, you will get an in-depth understanding of the specific activities, tools, and mechanics used to effectively deliver value to the enterprise.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Owners
- Product Line Managers
- Product Managers
- Business Owners
- Business Analysts
- Solution Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Program Managers
- PMO Personnel
- Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution and System Architects
- Write Epics, Capabilities, Features and User Stories within the context of SAFe.
- Manage backlogs and programs in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
- Identify the major components of the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Connect the Scaled Agile Framework to core Lean-Agile principles and values.
- Identify key roles and responsibilities within a SAFe implementation.
- Contribute to portfolio content using epics and the Portfolio Kanban.
- Apply Value Stream strategies to define and manage solution value.
- Engage in Product Manager strategies.
- Operate as a SAFe Product Owner.
- Develop a stakeholder engagement plan.
- Build and grow communities of practice.
Product Owners, Product Managers, Solution Managers and Epic Owners have a vital role to play in SAFe - ensuring the enterprise delivers solutions which are actually fit for purpose. Without this product leadership, you'll be at risk of delivering product to good technical quality, very quickly - that nobody wants.
Product Ownership in a scaled agile environment brings additional demands and complexities. Completion of this course will signify your willingness and capability to create products that delight users, regardless of size.
SAFe POPM introduction
Embracing the Lean-Agile mindset
Exploring Product Owner and Product Manager roles
Contributing to Portfolio content
Defining and managing solution value
Being an effective SAFe Product Owner
Being an effective SAFe Product Manager
Building your Communities of Practice
One or more of the following prerequisites are recommended for students planning to attend this course and take the POPM certification exam:
- Leading SAFe
- Leading SAFe Live Lessons
- SAFe experience
- Product Owner experience in a single-team Scrum environment
There is no pre-course reading required.
The exam is not taken during the course, delegates will be sent a link and password to the online exam shortly after the course.
Passing score: 60%
Time limit: 60 minutes
Format: Multiple Choice and True/False