DASA DevOps Fundamentals
The DevOps Fundamentals qualification is designed to provide the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and to understand its principles and practices.
Book your virtual training
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
wherever they are based
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within a working day.
Book your place
With the help of key DevOps concepts and terminology, real-life case studies, examples, interactive group discussions and extensive exercises in each module you will acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
The DevOps Fundamentals qualification is primarily aimed at:
Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT service management.
Individuals whose role are touched by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
- DevOps Engineers
- Product Owners
- Integration Specialists
- Operations Managers
- Incident and Change Managers
- System Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Business Managers
- Automation Architects
- Enterprise Architects
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps.
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery.
- Describe the service delivery process.
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Summarise case studies of IT organisations that are making the transformation to Adaptive IT and DevOps models.
- List the most common and popular DevOps tools.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation.
Up to 200 times faster software deployment, 30 times increased deployment frequency, and 60 times higher change success rates, organisations such as Netflix, Spotify and Facebook are revolutionising the IT game by successfully implementing DevOps principles. The data does not lie. You do not have to be a hot web company or a monster enterprise to be a DevOps leader. Companies, large or small, young or old, have made the transition and have the proof of success in their pockets.
DevOps training is the starting point for an organisation going on the DevOps journey. Improved workflows and faster deployment starts with a core understanding of DevOps fundamentals concepts by anyone involved in an Agile and/or DevOps team.
The relationship between the digital transformation and DevOps.
The key elements of the business case for DevOps.
The culture of high performance IT.
The relationship between DevOps, Agile and Lean IT.
The core principles of DevOps.
The Three Horizons model for innovation.
Definition of a DevOps culture.
Cultural aspects of a DevOps team.
Cost of accumulating technical debt.
Role of solving problems in continuous improvement.
The Kaizen Mindset: Tackling the root cause of problems.
Experimentation Meetups: A key tool of courage.
The way to build a DevOps culture.
Decoupling Point: A key consideration for autonomous teams.
Micro Services Architecture (MSA) and its characteristics.
DevOps in relation to ITSM.
Automation for delivery of software.
Continuous delivery core concepts.
Emergence of cloud technology and principles.
Cloud service concepts in a DevOps organisation.
Importance of measurement.
Choosing the right metrics.
There are no prerequisites, but a basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial.
There is no pre-course reading required.
The exam is not taken during the course, delegates will be sent a link and password to the online exam shortly after the course.
Passing score: 65%
Time limit: 60 minutes
Format: Multiple Choice and True/False