Operation Aftermath - an IT Service Management (ITSM) Business Game
Could you take on the running of a disaster relief effort in the wake of the worst storms and flooding seen in Ocean City’s history?! Can you work with others to ensure that the people get food and water, and don’t contract deadly diseases? Can you satisfy the "Powers-That-Be" that this humanitarian effort is a beacon to the world for how these efforts should be managed? If so, then welcome to Ocean City after some of the worst flooding in history and take on the challenge of OPERATION AFTERMATH!
Book your team training at your premises
- More info
- Date and time to suit you
- VenueWe will train your team
at your offices
- CostContact us for price
- Fill in the form and we'll be in touch
within 15 minutes (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Through a series of live-action rounds participants of Operation Aftermath will experience the trials and tribulations of managing the vital services that make up a refugee camp.
Delegates will be involved in activities from all five parts of the service lifecycle: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement. By experiencing the whole of the ITIL® lifecycle it will become clear how decisions made in one activity can have a large impact on subsequent operations.
Due to the broad spectrum of processes covered in this simulation it is suitable for anyone involved in IT Service Management. In fact, a mixed team of service desk operatives, developers and IT service managers only adds to the realism of the day.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Efficiently handle incidents
- Evaluate change requests in an unbiased manner
- Design new services which are in line with business need
- Successfully release new services into the live environment
- Evaluate new and existing services aligned with your wider IT Service Management strategy
- Create and invoke an IT Service Continuity Management plan
- Work as a team to ensure IT adds maximum value to the business
Operation Aftermath provides a safe environment to discover the benefits of using processed-based working. Though based around the ITIL® service management framework, teams will also return to work with a greater understanding of the importance of working as a team, clear and timely communication and how to run to contribute to successful meetings.
Whether you are new to ITIL® or a seasoned pro, Operation Aftermath will allow you to see how IT Service Management works in context. An additional benefit is that you will experience ITIL® not only from a day-to-day Service Operation perspective, but also carry out processes from other parts of the lifecycle such as Service Transition and Service Strategy.
- Running Live Services
- Managing Capital and Operation Budgets
- Evaluation of Changes and Service Provision
- Manage effects of disaster on the business
- Understand service offerings
- Translate customer requirements into service component selections
- Understand the role of vendors
- Holding Successful Meetings
- Communicating Effectively
- Handling Multiple Deadlines
- Team working
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Managing Knowledge
- People, Processes, Products and Partners Lifecycle Phases
- Full IT Service Management Lifecycle
- IT Service Management Processes
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
There are no specific pre-requisites for attending Operation Aftermath. Exposure to IT services or equivalent work experience may be beneficial but is not a requirement.